Princess Crown class ships-Balcony warning

deb7073

I am aware of the covered and uncovered balcony issues because I am addicted to Cruise Critic. We had a open balcony once. Never bothered us at all. People aren't looking down at you, they are generally looking out. They will only look if you go out completely naked. And who is going to do that. :D

On one of our cruises, there was a very large contingent of Europeans and one, very large gentleman would sit in the recliner on his uncovered balcony... quite naked and sunbathe. Oh the horror... LOL :p;):D We didn't spend much time looking down after that...

Balconies on Lido Deck are completely covered. But it's a good idea to keep your robe shut in any case -- there is a camera that surveils the balconies, so unless you want to entertain the security officers . . .

Thanks for the warning! I'll sign up for talent night if I want to entertain! I wonder, can the security cameras see the whole balcony?:eek:

I should have known to look here first. I've learned my lesson, for sure.

I never thought about the full sun issue. Some people would indeed want it, but unfortunately, that's another major issue for me. The dreaded sun.

This just keeps getting better. :)

I'll be rechecking periodically with Princess for a possible cabin change.

Thanks so much for your input.

Sorry you're not getting what you thought you were.

I can tell you that we usually stay in a balcony on Riviera and can look down on all those balconies. Quite honestly, we don't. We're looking out at the ocean when we stand, not at those below us. And we're usually just sitting enjoying the view.

Hope that helps a bit.

Janette

Archived