Please Clarify: Solstice balconies with X

jspirit

Please if someone who has actually been in one of these hump cabins or seen them in person: deck 7 mid hump- does the white X obscure your views out? And straight down can you see the water ( no lifeboats in that area)?

I would really appreciate knowing the specific answers. Thank you so much if you can help! ( still have time to switch cabins if necessary).

Please if someone who has actually been in one of these hump cabins or seen them in person: deck 7 mid hump- does the white X obscure your views out? And straight down can you see the water ( no lifeboats in that area)?

I would really appreciate knowing the specific answers. Thank you so much if you can help! ( still have time to switch cabins if necessary).

I really think most people have said that this was only a film. A little of an obstruction but not much.

Hopefully Signman will come on here and let you know something.

Hi Jspirit !

There are no lifeboat obstructions anywhere in the hump area. As for the view, I am pretty sure it is a film or coating of some kind. I am fairly certain it will not obstruct your view. If it did obstruct, I am sure we would have heard about it by now.

As Texed just confirmed this, it answers your question. Enjoy your Cruise !

We had it on half of the balcony...and it definitely obscured the view. You could see through it, but dimly. I would not have wanted it to cover the entire balcony, and I believe there are such cabins.

Virginia

We had it on half of the balcony...and it definitely obscured the view. You could see through it, but dimly. I would not have wanted it to cover the entire balcony, and I believe there are such cabins.

Virginia

So what's one more change? LOL! I was able to switch - a few doors down beyond the X.

Virginia

pls post your cabin in the sticky at the top of this board--I would not want that one & have to pay extra for it as a hump cabin!

Virginia

virginia,

We are booked on Solstice 6228 2B ...... hump balcony

Do we have X film on our balcony ??

We are adjoining with friends # 6230 ..... is the divider between balconies removable ?

Does this cabin also have X obstruction

also are with obstruction of lifeboats as we look down at the ocean?

thanks,

Pema

virginia,

We are booked on Solstice 6228 2B ...... hump balcony

Do we have X film on our balcony ??

We are adjoining with friends # 6230 ..... is the divider between balconies removable ?

Does this cabin also have X obstruction

also are with obstruction of lifeboats as we look down at the ocean?

thanks,

Pema

I am not Virginia, but this is where I looked for the photo: check out page 2 on the post of " angled balconies" which is now on page 2 of this thread.

If you scroll down page 2, you will see a large photo of your starboard side of the ship and the hump cabins are numbered for us. ( thank you!).

From what it looks like, 6228 is half frosted and 6230 is full frost. Take a look and tell me if you think I am accurate. People seem to think it is like looking through tinted windows in a car.

I asked this very same question a couple of weeks ago. From what I could work out if you are on deck 6 of the mini hump you need to take one of the very two centre cabins to avoid the X. As you work up the decks you need to work outwards and then back in again - if you follow what I mean. I actually trawled through some web pics of the ship and counted from the hump to work out which cabins to avoid. Like you I was concerned that it could obscure the view and or cast a shadow if sitting on balcony. As for the view downwards if you can find a good shot of the ship there appears to be a platform which sticks out - nothing on it, no lifeboats, but it does give the impression that you wont have a sheer view right down to the water.

This is the view of our balcony for cabin 6233. Would it be enough to keep me from booking this room? Probably not, but I would prefer to have a balcony without the film.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2402440540101785400UGBFtp

Nan, thank you so much for posting the photo. It tells the story of not only the tint but also the reflection compared to the clear side. I agree that it is not so serious but if offered another choice in the same area without the tinting I would move. So I did.

6232 is half tinted. 6230 is fully tinted. We had 7 cabins on the Solstice in January on the hump. We had 6230, 6217, 6221, 6225, 6227, 6229 and 6231. Some had no tinting, some had half tinting and some had full tinting. Not once did anyone in the group of 14 complain about the tinting. It just did not impact us. We loved the cabins and the location. Would book again in that location in a second. Tint or no tint.

6232 is half tinted. 6230 is fully tinted. We had 7 cabins on the Solstice in January on the hump. We had 6230, 6217, 6221, 6225, 6227, 6229 and 6231. Some had no tinting, some had half tinting and some had full tinting. Not once did anyone in the group of 14 complain about the tinting. It just did not impact us. We loved the cabins and the location. Would book again in that location in a second. Tint or no tint.

Can you tell me if I am correct in looking at exterior shots of the ship that the view down from the mini hump is not sheer down to the water - from what I can make out there appears to be a little platform which sticks out?

Archived