Anyone used Ship's Shore Ex in Rome?

This is the turnaround day on our B2B cruise and HAL doesn't show the tours for Rome but their customer svc office & my TA assure me they will have tours that day. If you've done a HAL tour or another ship's tour in Rome can you tell me what you did and the approx price? We'll be in port from 7am-5pm. I was hoping to do what ever they have as the longest city tour.

We're doing the Noordam back to back from Rome, too. We thought that turnaround day might be a good time to try out the train to Rome. I love trains, but don't want to struggle through the station with luggage.

We did the Rome on Your Own excursion through Princess for $69. We were dropped off near the Vatican and had about 5 hours on our own. We've been to Rome many times so this worked best for us. We were a bit concerned about trying the train. It is much cheaper but my DW elected to go for security and ease. Others on our cruise did the train and most of them said it went without a hitch. As for the others, a few small glitches but they all made the departure. Bon Voyage!

chrismch and koshlong -- which sailing are you on? My parents are doing a B2B on the Noordam in May. Same one?

We're doing the April 19 and 29 cruises.

Archived