Pride - difference between an A, A1, A2, A3

Roxburgh

Hi everyone.

We are new to Seabourn and planning to take Pride from Piraeus to Lisbon 4/14 - 4/28.

I have done a lot of reading about Seabourn and this message board has been invaluable but have one main question prior to booking.

Is there a significant difference between the different A cabins and is it worth paying the premium for an A2 or A3 over a standard A?

Hi everyone.

We are new to Seabourn and planning to take Pride from Piraeus to Lisbon 4/14 - 4/28.

I have done a lot of reading about Seabourn and this message board has been invaluable but have one main question prior to booking.

Is there a significant difference between the different A cabins and is it worth paying the premium for an A2 or A3 over a standard A?

Most all the A cabins are identical (wth the exception of 100 and 101, that are forward on deck 4 and configured a bit differently). Most that book A1-A3 categories, do so because the A's are all gone!

Host Dan

We have been on every deck and now stick to the A deck -- though we always pay a little extra for A1 just so we can be midship in case of foul weather( of course that is the other advantage of the lowest passenger deck -- the higher uo you go the more you feel the motion).It is ironic that the few larger suites are in the worst possible location for bad weather -- up front and up high. The only negative to being on the A level that I can discern is that when you are in port docked and your suite faces the land you need to keep your curtains closed if you want privacy since you are almost at ground level.

Roxburgh

Suite #'s 137, 135, 133 are always popular ~~(I usually request #137) these are midship, near the stairs and in ports, handy as the gangway is just around the corner. And in rough seas these are considerably more comfortable.

MB

Roxburgh

Suite #'s 137, 135, 133 are always popular ~~(I usually request #137) these are midship, near the stairs and in ports, handy as the gangway is just around the corner. And in rough seas these are considerably more comfortable.

MB

Thanks Martita .... I was actually able to book 124 which looked good on the deck plan. I usually like to be on the port side despite the potential drawback of someone being able to see in.

A quick question if I may .... when I completed the guest registration, I had to choose two drinks for our suite and that only two were complimentary. Is that all you get in the suite or is there a standard stock to which these two are added?

Roxburgh

You will receive a bottle of champagne when you board as well as your requested 2 bar bottles. If you need any other liquor simply ask your Stewardess ~~or if you need a replenish she'll replace these bottles. I always ask for Ginger Ale ~~just in case King Neptune isn't happy!:eek:

Suite #124 is an excellent choice!.

Martita B.

Roxburgh

You will receive a bottle of champagne when you board as well as your requested 2 bar bottles. If you need any other liquor simply ask your Stewardess ~~or if you need a replenish she'll replace these bottles. I always ask for Ginger Ale ~~just in case King Neptune isn't happy!:eek:

Suite #124 is an excellent choice!.

Martita B.

Again, thanks for the info. In any event, it isn't our intention to hide in our suite and drink so the question was a little bit hypothetical.

Most all the A cabins are identical (wth the exception of 100 and 101, that are forward on deck 4 and configured a bit differently). Most that book A1-A3 categories, do so because the A's are all gone!

Host Dan

Hi

Do these 2 cabins have windows? I read that they have a strange configuration and are very dark. Is this correct?

Thankx

Ging466

Hi

Do these 2 cabins have windows? I read that they have a strange configuration and are very dark. Is this correct?

Thankx

Ging466

Ging....check out my photo link below, and you will see an album of pics of Suite 101 on the Pride........I really like the configuration of those suites.

Roxburgh,

Glad to help out a fellow Arizonan( or any potential Seabourn sailor for that matter). For our upcoming Baltic trip we are booked into suite 119. As you have no doubt read ad nauseam on this board, be prepared to be hooked on Seabourn.

Roxburgh,

Glad to help out a fellow Arizonan( or any potential Seabourn sailor for that matter). For our upcoming Baltic trip we are booked into suite 119. As you have no doubt read ad nauseam on this board, be prepared to be hooked on Seabourn.

I certainly hope you are right and I do get hooked. Again thanks to you and everyone else that responded to my questions.

Archived