Double check on your flights

Travelight

Thank you so much for the heads up! When I looked up our flight, it was gone and when I called, we were on a later flight. We were to arrive in Seattle at 3:50 pm and leave on a connecting flight at 3:35 pm. Hmmm.... (Both flights had been booked through Alaska Air, the 2nd one a Continental flight.) We are now on an earlier flight and there are still plenty of seats available.

Sounds like Alaska Air is adding a couple of new routes and juggling some of their flights just now.

Thanks again. Much better to unravel this now than later!

In this day and age, you should always check and double check your flights.

For my Med cruise in Oct '08, I had us departing Paris to come home on Saturday, 11/1. For some unknown reason, never was able to find out exactly why, all Saturday flights were cancelled and we were moved to the same flight number and time on Sunday, 11/2. I never received any notification, if I hadn't checked, I wouldn't have known until we arrived in Paris to fly home. I had to scramble and get a hotel room that second night, and there was no compensation from the airline for that second night hotel stay either, as I've read some airlines do compensate when they totally cancel a flight.

So would it be safe to say that if you have booked with cruise line with the plan to fly in a day early, you may miss the extra day but not your ship:confused:

Not sure from your post, but if this is Cruiseair- with this booking option, there is a deviation fee and if fares are more than the allowed bulk booked cruiseline space price, YOU also pay the difference?

Yep, you must constantly check your flights. Doesn't matter what airline. I booked a flight 2 saturdays ago, it ticketed on Sunday, Monday morning I had an email about a schedule change AND an equipment change. I quickly looked up what my alternatives were and THEN picked up the phone to call the airline and let them know what flights I wanted to be switched to - no problems at all.

When a schedule change occurs, the longer you wait to call (or the more time after it occurs before you spot it), the less likelihood that there will be alternatives that meet your needs so be proactive and keep watch on all your reservations. Typically when you get within about a month of your flights schedule changes are less likely, but they can happen up until the day of your flight so stay aware.

Not sure from your post, but if this is Cruiseair- with this booking option, there is a deviation fee and if fares are more than the allowed bulk booked cruiseline space price, YOU also pay the difference?

Yes you are accurate. We did pay $50.00/pp more for this. Luckily there wasn't a difference in the bulk booked cruiseline space price. At this point we are happy with the flights that we have booked. Who knows though...sounds like that all may change:rolleyes:

Ok good answer, I would worry all night so that is why I did it tonight, now I can sleep like a baby. Our flight leaves July 25 and cruise sails July 29 sounds like we will be up there around the same time.

Cathy

OK, it's done. Actually, nothing really to do. They already had us confirmed (in same seats) for the 2nd flight that was changed. Just a change of about 1/2 hour later. (They also changed their minimum time allowed between connecting flights. From 40 minutes to 1 hour.) Still bummed as would like to be there a bit earlier then later but at least I didn't have to really do anything. That is always nice. :)

I will be sure to check on my flights weekly now. Just to make sure nothing else changes.

I guess we have always been lucky until now with our airline reservations, because we haven't checked them all that often (until closer to boarding time) and have never had a problem enroute to Africa, Australia, Europe, etc. But I will probably be much better about this in the future!

We just discovered that Alaska Airlines changed all of our flights to Anchorage, AND home from Vancouver. I called and didn't like any of the connection times they gave us. (49min & 45min) So, we changed them again. The agent I spoke with couldn't have been friendlier, and more cooperative. Even getting us on a flight that appeared to be sold out. We even have a better flight leaving Vancouver. We did have a noon flight, and I was worried about being first off the ship, and getting to the airport on time. Now we have a 1:00 flight and no worries!

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked our flights and all five of our flights (two going, three coming home) have changed somewhat. What gets me, is no notification from either the airline (Ak), or the TA. I guess customer service is a thing of the past. If I hadn't checked we would probably have missed our first flight as it is now 45 minutes earlier than previously.:mad:

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked our flights and all five of our flights (two going, three coming home) have changed somewhat. What gets me, is no notification from either the airline (Ak), or the TA. I guess customer service is a thing of the past. If I hadn't checked we would probably have missed our first flight as it is now 45 minutes earlier than previously.:mad:

Our Alaska Airlines flight for May 30 and June 7 were both changed. When I spoke to the AA CSR she told me we had already been placed on the new flights in the same seats. I asked her why I was not notified and she stated that it is better for the airlines to put a statement to contact them on your confirmation page so that way they know who gets the message. If they sent emails and phone calls out, they don't know if the message was received. I think they should do both!

Thanks OP for the heads up. I would not of thought to check right away.

Add me to the list of airline changes. We're booked with Delta and flying into Seattle 2 days before our cruise. Both of our flights had changed ... the first one leaving later ... the connection leaving earlier. Knowing Atlanta can be a zoo at any time, I called Delta and asked to be put on flights that provided more of a layover.

While I was on the phone, the reservationist also looked at our return flights. We were originally booked on Alaska Air out of Fairbanks, connecting with Northwest. Evidentally, Alaska cancelled our flight that would connect with Northwest. Good new though ... we now have a direct flight to MSP out of Fairbanks instead of playing the connection game.

We don't leave until May 23 so there may still be changes. KEEP CHECKING THOSE RESERVATIONS!!

I checked our flight plans over the weekend and saw that they changed the time on one of our flights in early June. We're flying on Alaska Air, but it was a leg using one of their partners, American Airlines, that actually changed. There was no notification to us of the change. Always a good idea to keep an eye on those reservations.

Many, if not all, airlines will alert you via a text message on your cell phone when a change ocurrs in your itinerary. This has saved us many times. I wish I had a nickle for everytime I got a text message the day before I flew or even when sitting in the airport. Very handy to have and free as well.

Cheers, Kenn

Archived