RCCL- Hotels

funtimex2

We're staying at the Pikes Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks for our Cruise Tour with RCCL in August. I wonder why it would be different.

They use several different hotels in Anchorage and Fairbanks. They frequently stay at the Grande Denali.

If anyone is doing the #17...here are the hotels

Anchorage is Anchorage Marriott day 2 and day 6 of land tour

Seward-Windsong day 1 land tour

Denali-Mckinley Village day 3 and 4 of land tour

Talkeetna=Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge day 5 of land tour

Hope everyone enjoys their vacation!

Here is the hotel info I was given for RCCL cruisetour#15 if anyone needs it.

Fairbanks - Sophie Station

Denali - Grande Denali Lodge

Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge

Anchorage - Anchorage Marriott

Alyeska - The Hotel Alyeska

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have information for RCCL Tour #1?

For Tour #1 in July 2010, they have us listed at:

Fairbanks - Pike's Waterfront Lodge

Denali (2 nights) - McKinley Village Lodge

Seward to Vancouver - Radiance of the Seas! :cool:

We are booked on tour #11 in June, 2010 and our itinerary shows us staying at the Wedgewood resort in Fairbanks, the Grande Denali Lodge, the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, and the Anchorage Marriott. I do know that before our Princess cruisetour several years ago, the initial information we received had us staying at the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks but our final paperwork had us at the Princess Lodge in Fairbanks. I am sure that they have to use more than one hotel in some locations because of the varying availability of those hotels during the season. In fact some of the Princess passengers, when we arrived in Fairbanks on the train, were transferred to Bear Lodge or Sophie Station, while we were taken to the Princess Lodge. I am sure that for the short periods of time we will be in any one location, the properties will be more than adequate.

• 9 months later...
I'm hoping we're staying at Pikes in Fairbanks because we are going in a day early and I have already booked Pikes for that night

By now I am sure you have had your cruise and have stayed at the Pikes Waterfront.

We are going in May 31st '10

we are going a day early and was going to book this hotel then I seen

some poor reviews from many sites mostly of overbooking etc.

Their rooms seem high at $265 with tax included per night

How was your stay there ?

Here is the hotel info I was given for RCCL cruisetour#15 if anyone needs it.

Fairbanks - Sophie Station

Denali - Grande Denali Lodge

Talkeetna - Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge

Alyeska - The Hotel Alyeska

In Fairbanks, RCI actually uses the following hotels:

1. Wedgewood Resort
  2. Bear Lodge
  3. Pike's Waterfront Lodge
  4. Sophie Station

Which ones they use will vary depending on availability for the dates in question. All seem to offer similar facilities. When we were in Alaska ten years ago, Princess initially indicated we would be staying at Sophie Station in Fairbanks, but when our documents arrived we discovered that they had changed our lodging to the Princess Riverside Lodge. We were more than satisfied with that facility.

Our current itinerary indicates that will be staying at the lodging listed above for Denali, Talkeetna and Anchorage.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on tour #11 in June, 2010 and our itinerary shows us staying at the Wedgewood resort in Fairbanks, the Grande Denali Lodge, the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, and the Anchorage Marriott.

Us too, and those are the same hotels on our trip too. (of course it could be the same trip-who knows?)

We are booked on tour #11 in June, 2010 and our itinerary shows us staying at the Wedgewood resort in Fairbanks, the Grande Denali Lodge, the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, and the Anchorage Marriott.

Us too, and those are the same hotels on our trip too. (of course it could be the same trip-who knows?)

When we originally booked our cruisetour, our reservation on the RCI website had us staying at the Wedgewood Resort in Fairbanks. When I looked up our reservation more recently they had substituted language which merely says that when we arrive in Fairbanks we will be taken to our hotel and doesn't specify which one. When we inquired of RCI, they could only tell us that they generally use any one of four hotels there: Wedgewood Resort, Bear Lodge, Sophie Station or Pike's Waterfront Lodge. I imagine that which one(s) they use may vary from week to week depending on availability. From what I can discern from the websites of these properties, all seem to be very similar in what they offer for accommodations and any would seem to be quite acceptable.

when we arrive in Fairbanks we will be taken to our hotel

Blindfolded? :D:eek:

This is actually a very interesting change. Are you using transfers from the airport? We're going up a couple of days early for our tour, so we were just planning to catch up at the hotel. Hopefully it will be the one on our invoice!

This is actually a very interesting change. Are you using transfers from the airport? We're going up a couple of days early for our tour, so we were just planning to catch up at the hotel. Hopefully it will be the one on our invoice!

Hopefully not blindfolded.:D Since we have now booked our own air, we will either take a taxi from the airport to the hotel or see if the hotel has a shuttle that will pick us up at the airport. I know that at least some of the hotels do offer a shuttle. Originally we were thinking of booking our air through RCI and that would have included transfers from airport to the hotel.

We are arriving in Fairbanks at 3:40 pm so we will have many hours that day to enjoy the scenic beauty of Fairbanks and its environs.:)

Celebrity uses the same hotels as well.We were quite satisfied with the accomadations especially Talkeetna Lodge and Grande Denali.Fairbanks Pikes Peek was fine.Anchorage Hilton was a great location and it had A/C when we were there during June 2004 heat wave.Captain Cook did not.Talkeetna Lodge had A/C in the hallways and common areas,but not in the rooms.Some guests slept with their doors open.

• 3 months later...

Our documents have arrived and confirm that we will be staying at the Wedgewood Resort in Fairbanks, the Grande Denali Lodge in Denali, Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge in Talkeetna, and the Anchorage Marriott in Anchorage, just as was indicated when we originally booked.

We will also be doing our Anchorage tours on the same day that we arrive in Anchorage from Talkeetna. Hopefully that means we will get an early start to Seward the following morning.:)

Archived