Mr Sanchos

gog

I wouldn't pay twice! If they pulled that I'd take another cab to Paradise Beach.

I will definitely NOT pay twice!! Approx. how far away is Paradise Beach from Mr. Sanchos?

Trying to figure how much to expect for cab fare in a worse case situation.

**I do hope NOT to need this information though**

:)

Just got back from our cruise and went to Mr. Sanchos while in Cozumel. We orginally booked a tour to Passion Island but when that got canceled, we moved to our second choice which was Mr. Sanchos. Tour Cozumel did a great job of transferring everything over even when it was done the night before we left for the cruise.

When we got to Mr. Sanchos, I realized I had left my confirmation number back in my room. :o Oliver was able to confirm with Tour Cozumel very quickly and my wife and were drinking and sunning in no time. I would not hesitate to book with them because they do a great job of following up.

Mr. Sanchos was a blast! Everyone there was very nice and the food and drinks were great. The beach is beautiful and the grounds very nice. My wife and I did the ATV tour which was fun. I was last in line so I ate a lot of dust but the ocean cleaned me up nicely. If you do the ATV's, make sure you bring a few wet wipes for your face! :D

Just got back from our cruise and went to Mr. Sanchos while in Cozumel. We orginally booked a tour to Passion Island but when that got canceled, we moved to our second choice which was Mr. Sanchos. Tour Cozumel did a great job of transferring everything over even when it was done the night before we left for the cruise.

When we got to Mr. Sanchos, I realized I had left my confirmation number back in my room. :o Oliver was able to confirm with Tour Cozumel very quickly and my wife and were drinking and sunning in no time. I would not hesitate to book with them because they do a great job of following up.

Mr. Sanchos was a blast! Everyone there was very nice and the food and drinks were great. The beach is beautiful and the grounds very nice. My wife and I did the ATV tour which was fun. I was last in line so I ate a lot of dust but the ocean cleaned me up nicely. If you do the ATV's, make sure you bring a few wet wipes for your face! :D

Our Twister tour was also canceled and we switched to Mr. Sanchos. For us, that meant we were due a credit of $ 110. Were you due a credit for the switch in tours and did you receive it yet? We are still waiting (our tour was canceled 3/13 and our day at Mr. Sanchos was 3/26). Carrie says she doesn't know how to get the money back to me without me being charged for receiving the money. She said she can't do a refund through PayPal because I paid for my excursion more than 60 days ago. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Great to hear a positive post again...thanks for sharing!!

We are looking forward to having a great time there next week...

Bridgette :)

We have been to this place 3x and we just show up and pay as you go. We spend most of our time just relaxing on the beach, buy some drinks and food and are total bill was never more then $50.00 for two. It's a great place and would go back again.

I hope everything gets worked out! We are booked through ****************** and I have been VERY pleased with the communication. They have went out of their way ensuring everything we wanted was included. It is so hard when you have a group of 7 that vary in age from 18 months to 59! Some are going to do the ATV as an add on. We can't wait to go! Thanks everyone for all of the recommendations. I would have never known about Mr.Sanchos and the great beach that awaits us:D

Hola :D We are back from a 3 night stint in Coz. Very tired but we had a great time. I am surprised at all the drama that unfolded on this thread. Carrie gave us a package deal and booked our whole weekend for us and it went off without a hitch.

Sat we went to Sanchos, I posted about that.

Sunday we did a private island tour, once I got my dh's lazy butt out of bed. He wayyy over did it at Sancho's the day before. We had our driver take us out to the East coast. Stopped at Coconuts and had two drinks. This place is awesome and so quiet...no cruisers on Sundays, only locals and hotel guests. The view from there...oh my gosh... heavenly. So we did st Martin , Rasta, then the lighthouse. The lighthouse is okay if you are into that thing but next time I would skip it. From there we headed on back into town for some dinner. Wow..what an awesome day :) I had never done anything like that in Coz and it was awesome. I highly recommend the east coast if you want to "get away" from all your stress!

Yesterday we did the all inclusive at Punta Morena. This place is very quiet and we practically had it to ourselves. Great service and great drinks. They really catered to us. I think I like Sanchos better just because it's a little livelier. But if you are looking for peace and quiet and a beautiful serene setting, this is the place to go.

Anyway, just wanted to say that all was well as far as our reservations went. I hope all this gets worked out. Sounds like they are on the right track. Personally I wouldnt have a problem booking again, I have been very pleased as has my picky dh. He was impressed with what all we put together on such short notice.

We have been to this place 3x and we just show up and pay as you go. We spend most of our time just relaxing on the beach, buy some drinks and food and are total bill was never more then $50.00 for two. It's a great place and would go back again.

We did the same thing- just took a approx. $15 dollar cab ride from the port to Mr. Sanchos and found two great front row [to the beach] seats and ordered just a few drinks and lunch. Our bill seemed very reasonable.

I really wasn't even aware of an all-inclusive option which wouldn't have been necessary for us as we aren't big drinkers. The place was very nice for a beach day, lots of water activities close by, clean bathrooms and decent service.

It was a nice-hassle free place to hang -out and easy to do on your own if one doesn't want to pay in advance to an outside source.

2945227560104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2955123300104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

the teens had fun with this!2462040380104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Hola :D We are back from a 3 night stint in Coz. Very tired but we had a great time. I am surprised at all the drama that unfolded on this thread. Carrie gave us a package deal and booked our whole weekend for us and it went off without a hitch.

Sunday we did a private island tour, once I got my dh's lazy butt out of bed. He wayyy over did it at Sancho's the day before. We had our driver take us out to the East coast. Stopped at Coconuts and had two drinks. This place is awesome and so quiet...no cruisers on Sundays, only locals and hotel guests. The view from there...oh my gosh... heavenly. So we did st Martin , Rasta, then the lighthouse. The lighthouse is okay if you are into that thing but next time I would skip it. From there we headed on back into town for some dinner. Wow..what an awesome day :) I had never done anything like that in Coz and it was awesome. I highly recommend the east coast if you want to "get away" from all your stress!

Yesterday we did the all inclusive at Punta Morena. This place is very quiet and we practically had it to ourselves. Great service and great drinks. They really catered to us. I think I like Sanchos better just because it's a little livelier. But if you are looking for peace and quiet and a beautiful serene setting, this is the place to go.

Anyway, just wanted to say that all was well as far as our reservations went. I hope all this gets worked out. Sounds like they are on the right track. Personally I wouldnt have a problem booking again, I have been very pleased as has my picky dh. He was impressed with what all we put together on such short notice.

Welcome home!! Glad to hear you had such a good time. We can't wait to enjoy our day in Cozumel at Mr. Sancho's...one week from tomorrow!!

:)

We did the same thing- just took a approx. $15 dollar cab ride from the port to Mr. Sanchos and found two great front row [to the beach] seats and ordered just a few drinks and lunch. Our bill seemed very reasonable.

I really wasn't even aware of an all-inclusive option which wouldn't have been necessary for us as we aren't big drinkers. The place was very nice for a beach day, lots of water activities close by, clean bathrooms and decent service.

It was a nice-hassle free place to hang -out and easy to do on your own if one doesn't want to pay in advance to an outside source.

2945227560104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

2955123300104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

the teens had fun with this!2462040380104390106S500x500Q85.jpg

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Thanks for posting about your trip. I would love to hear more about Punta Morena. I have been to Sanchos and would prefer the peace, quiet and serene setting for my next trip. Can you post some pictures when you settle back home and get the chance? I would love to see Punta Morena. Thanks.

I wouldn't pay twice! If they pulled that I'd take another cab to Paradise Beach.

I meant that i'm going to bring an extra $100 and if I have to use it when I get there, I'll get a refund from Carrie when I get home. I'm not going to pay $200 for a few hours at Mr. Sanchos. That'd be crazy! :eek:

I just think bringing some extra cash to hedge my bets is a more stress free way to go about it.

Love the pics posted above. I can't wait!

Here's the latest from tourcozumel....

This morning I received a very apologetic email from Angelita stating that Carrie had spent yesterday meeting with Mr. Sancho's management. They are working to iron out what appears to be accounting issues.

Carrie is planning to personally email me today also. Hopefully, I will get a confirmation from Oscar that all is well.

Did you hear anything from Carrie? I was supposed to have gotten a personal email from carrie also but haven't received anything yet.

I got an email from carrie. She was assuring me that our reservations would be honored and that we would not have a problem. I also got one from Angelita but Carrie added to it saying that she wanted to personally assure me of our confirmation. I sure hope it all works out.

great pics..makes me wanna be there now!! LOL..

Michelle I am with you take some extra just in case and go with the flow. it sounds like it is all worked out. Cozumel is a great place to spend the day and on a relaxing beach with AI drinks :D, and oh yea food :p..

I haven't had any probs so far, and hope everything keeps going good.

Glad the horses were tame Pink.. I can't wait to try that! Always thought that looked so relaxing, quess I will find out soon:D

After all of the drama, my feathers got ruffled, so I emailed Oliver about my upcoming reservation. I received an email tonight:

To: *********

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:51 PM

Subject: RE: tourcozumel

Hola ******,

We got your confirmation, everything is cool.... Will see you soon in Mr. Sanchos Cozumel.

Thanks

Oliver

Now I feel really guilty about doubting Carrie, especially after all the trouble she went to to book my weekend. I feel like this has became a witch hunt and I won't succumb to it again. So sorry Carrie if you are reading this. My dh was upset with me that I even emailed about it. Hopefully whatever is going on is fine at this point.

Anyone else heard anything?

Thanks for posting about your trip. I would love to hear more about Punta Morena. I have been to Sanchos and would prefer the peace, quiet and serene setting for my next trip. Can you post some pictures when you settle back home and get the chance? I would love to see Punta Morena. Thanks.

I do have pics of Punta Morena and I will try to upload them tomorrow, if I can figure out how :)

It is a very very laid back and quiet place; extremely serene..I prefer just a little more "action" (not that much though..just a little) so we will prob stick to the west coast from now on. But if you are looking to just kick back and feel like you own the beach, this is the place to go. Nice hammocks too.

Glad you heard back Pink.. I have only heard back from Carrie,and she stressed everything is ok! but I am not stressing, My new motto is "Don't worry, be happy"

Seriously checking into a week long land vacation in Cozumel..:p

I would love to do a week there if my pocketbook could afford it. It is fun to be there at night; things are much quieter when the cruisers are gone. We were greeted very warmly and everybody was so hospitable. 3 days really wasn't long enough to experience it all, but it was a good start.

I do have pics of Punta Morena and I will try to upload them tomorrow, if I can figure out how :)

It is a very very laid back and quiet place; extremely serene..I prefer just a little more "action" (not that much though..just a little) so we will prob stick to the west coast from now on. But if you are looking to just kick back and feel like you own the beach, this is the place to go. Nice hammocks too.

How did you book the AI? How was the food? Were there taxis waiting to take you back and about how many people were there that day? If you've been to Nachi, is it similarly scenic? Thanks!

About posting pictures - I finally learned how to do it after starting a thread asking for directions. I have my photos stored on Shutterfly. I can go to a picture and right click on it. Then there will be an option for Properties. Click on that and copy the properties. Back on Cruise Critic, in your reply, click on the yellow square with the mountain in it. Paste your properties in there. Hope that works and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I got an email from carrie. She was assuring me that our reservations would be honored and that we would not have a problem. I also got one from Angelita but Carrie added to it saying that she wanted to personally assure me of our confirmation. I sure hope it all works out.

Wonderful news that everything seems to have been worked out!!!! We will be enjoying Mr. Sancho's together in one week... WOO HOO!!!!

we have done Sanchos on previous visits and went thru Carrie with no problems. Seems that a glitch has definitely occurred. My question, we are returning next month, if I confirm with Oliver just to be as ease we should be okay? Is this correct, Oliver is connected with Sanchos? Carrie is the 3rd party booking the day trips? I would like to verify/confirm with Oliver just to ease bout 10 folks concern. Thanks.

Archived