Royal Palms or Sea Grape

crusingirl01

We are looking for a relaxing beach in Grand Cayman. We are going to be with our family so we need a "family orientated" beach if possible. I have heard that Royal Palms and Sea Grape are both great. Does anyone know the cost of those beaches. Any suggestions.

Thanks for posting this.. I am also interested in the two beaches. I'd love to hear more opinions about which to visit. And please comment on food at each place.. Thanks.

Also, I've heard that the beach is free; but we just have to rent out chairs? How do we go about doing that? And does that include use of their facility... ie. bathrooms?

We went to Royal Palms Beach in 2007. We chose the Royal Palms because it is closer to the pier than Sea Grape. Royal Palms Beach is approx. a 5-minute taxi ride from the pier and it cost us $4.00/person one way. The use of the beach and its facilities (showers, bathrooms) is free. There is not much shade on the beach but you can rent beach chairs and umbrella's. The rental fee when we were there was $10.00 for an umbrella and $5.00 for a chair. There were jet skis, floats and kayaks available for rental.

For lunch, we ordered pizza, fries and cokes from the Reef Grill and ate it at a patio table, beachside. Burgers, sandwiches, appentizers and salads were also available.

7-mile beach is gorgeous. The water is a beautiful crystal clear turquoise color and the sand is powdery white.

You can view our photo's of Royal Palms Beach by clicking on the link below. It is after the Cayman Pirate Encounter.

ALL OF THE BEACH IN CAYMAN IF PUBLIC/FREE

Go to Royal Palms, then at beach turn right & walk a bit up the beach & just put your towels down.

Also good drop off is by Governors House, then turn left & walk down to Westin or Ritz Carlton or beyond -- along the edge of beach & private property are a string of trees for shade.

NO you will not have a potty to use, but you've got the whole ocean there!

We will be taking a taxi to seven mile beach. My son would like to para sail. Where is the best place on the beach for this activity, with facilities for changing and renting umbrella, chairs, and food. Thanks

Archived