NCL Star Garden Villa to Alaska

AdoptAtty

Has anyone sailed to Alaska in an NCL Star Garden Villa (just in case you don't know what I'm talking about... 3 bedrooms, at the top of the ship, on its own small deck, Deck 14)? I'm looking for your opinions if so. For me, the scenery is what this trip is all about. I'm trying to figure out what kind of views we might have from a GV and if you can go outside on your deck (Deck 14) or the sun deck upstairs while sailing to enjoy the views, or if you can only do that while in port. We sail May 2nd, early in the season... I'm thinking COLD :eek: and maybe too windy!!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Is this view forward?? Would be fantastic!! But the Star has excellent forward decking on the public deck. In my opinion the best of their 3 ships sailing Alaska, and WAY superior to the Pearl.

Bundle up, bring those knit hats and gloves and enjoy the viewing. :)

Has anyone sailed to Alaska in an NCL Star Garden Villa (just in case you don't know what I'm talking about... 3 bedrooms, at the top of the ship, on its own small deck, Deck 14)? I'm looking for your opinions if so. For me, the scenery is what this trip is all about. I'm trying to figure out what kind of views we might have from a GV and if you can go outside on your deck (Deck 14) or the sun deck upstairs while sailing to enjoy the views, or if you can only do that while in port. We sail May 2nd, early in the season... I'm thinking COLD :eek: and maybe too windy!!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi, AdoptAtty! No, we haven't been lucky enough to be able to stay in a GV, but in 2006 on our cruise on the Star to Alaska, we were invited by fellow cc'ers who were staying in a GV to view Glacier Bay from their huge sun deck.

The upper sun deck should be great viewing for Tracy Arm Fjord/Sawyer Glacier since the ship is cruising very slowly but most of the time I think it would be quite windy and cold out there.

IMG_3376.2.jpg.1f6e71e180c7708a78acda851634876f.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg.d5d16b6e0157e2c07be88a5133c13ec4.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg.390d685475f010cd06596715347b2cfa.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg.42e707e6059616790a9a2431a0b95329.jpg

SFRocker1... haven't booked it, thinking about it. Come join our CC Roll Call. We have a meet & greet on Sunday at 11:30 in the NY & London Rooms.

Thank you for the other comments, and the photos!!!

Archived