Princess Elite Tours

marving9999

We are on the Ruby Princess - May 16. Princess has one or two Elite Tours at each of their ports in addition to the regular tours. Has anyone taken a Princess Elite Tour. Is there a major difference between the Elite Tours and the Regular Tours besides the cost. I know in Florence/Pisa, the Elite tour stops at the real "David" and allows you to climb Pisa; the regular tour skips those two items.

Any information on the differences between the Princess Elite Tours and Princess Regular Tours would be appreciated.

Marvin & Judy

14th Cruise in May, 2009

We are on the Ruby Princess - May 16. Princess has one or two Elite Tours at each of their ports in addition to the regular tours. Has anyone taken a Princess Elite Tour. Is there a major difference between the Elite Tours and the Regular Tours besides the cost. I know in Florence/Pisa, the Elite tour stops at the real "David" and allows you to climb Pisa; the regular tour skips those two items.

Any information on the differences between the Princess Elite Tours and Princess Regular Tours would be appreciated.

Marvin & Judy

14th Cruise in May, 2009

I have taken the Elite tour in Florence (last May). It is a smaller group and the place they took us for lunch was an old palace. Other than that, the tours are identical to the non-Elite (which we have also taken). The food at the palace was not better. Neither the Elite or Non-Elite tour took us inside the Accademia to see the original David. You see the copy that is outside in the piazza.

If you are talking specifically about Florence and Amalfi, I have great personal guides for both of these places. If you are at least four people (if you are only two, you can probably pick up another couple on the roll call), these personal drivers and guides will not be more expensive than the Princess NON-ELITE tours and you will have a fantastic time with your itenirary geared exactly to what you want to see and you get to stop to take pictures, etc. It is by far the way to go. Especially the Amalfi coast drive. E-mail me if you want more info. shirleen.shabpareh@gmail.com

The "elite" tours we have taken in Epehesus (Turkey) and Manaus (Brazil) were well worth the cost. They covered things that the regular tours did not.

In the case of Florence and Pisa, they did not offer an elite tour when we were there. We did climb the tower at Pisa on a Princess tour. To see the "real" David, had to take the Princess transportation to/from Florence and then do the museum with David on our own. So if your tour does cover both, you will have a great tour.

We took the elite tour in Florence last October when we were on the Emerald Transatlantic. We saw the "Real David", had a wonderful lunch at a villa and could climb the Tower of Pisa. It was an excellent day and well worth the cost.

I've taken an Elite tour only in Ephesus and it was terrific. Much smaller group, top-notch guide, and we got to see things the regular tour(s) didn't. I thought it was well worth the extra cost.

Same here, different cruise, but the Elite tour of Ephesus was simply amazing. And it included the terrace houses, which were by far the highlight of the tour. ;)

-We have taken the elite tour in Rome- it was just perfect- they use the mini buses that can get down the little roads that the bigger buses can't. You can do so many other locations that the bigger buses don't. You don't have to wait for 40 people it is just 16 people and it is always a great group of people.

-We took the Athens tour last year- elite and met 2 people from London and we ended up eatting dinner with them every night after that and we did the same tours, etc.

I would highly recommend the elite in both Rome and Athens.

We shall be on the Ruby this year on 8/20.

Jan

Took an Elite tour in Istanbul, and it was well worth it. Had done the regular Princess tour back in 2001, and this was by far so much better. The guide was excellent and really enjoyed our time in Istanbul more more this than.

Friends too an Elite tour in Santorini, and it sounded like one of the best. They were thoroughly pleased with what they tour offered them also.

Archived