New gratuity guidelines

a-tx-brit

>> Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest <<

>> Suite attendant: $5.75 USD a day per guest <<

These are only recommended quide lines. No rules taht you must give $5.75 or any other amount.

If teh cabin stewrd or stewardest is really good and I usually give more but if not up to par I will give less.

Why would the suite attendant get more? If we had a concierge lounge, I'd see tipping them, but not sure why when they are doing the exact same thing the cabins stewards do. Or do they do something different?

If they do please let me know!

As I understand it, the attendants that are assigned to the suites actually have fewer cabins than the attendants that are assigned to a bunch of cabins down on Deck 2. It DOES take longer to clean a suite, than an inside cabin. Also, there may be stemware to replace, etc. The steward that cleans the Royal Suite, and the Royal Family Suites, definitely have more areas to clean than others. JMHO.

However, the guidelines are that, let your conscience be your guide.

Mark

I know this sounds silly after all the talk about tipping, but I just want to be clear. If there are 4 in a room, its the suggested price multipled by 4 people and then multiplied by 7 days. Example: Room stewart= $3.50X4=14.00 and $14.00X7= $98 Would this be the proper procedure?

I know this sounds silly after all the talk about tipping, but I just want to be clear. If there are 4 in a room, its the suggested price multipled by 4 people and then multiplied by 7 days. Example: Room stewart= $3.50X4=14.00 and $14.00X7= $98 Would this be the proper procedure?

Please... save yourself from this headache, and go use the tip calculator, which was designed and built for exactly this purpose! :D

Theron

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

Karen,

My guess is that since a JS is not considerd a suite (ie no concierge lounge, or many other services bigger suites get) so the guidelines would not apply.

I am sure you do not want to hear my opinion on tipping and besides my flame proof suit is at the dry cleaners.

Stan

Remember these are just guidelines. I guess its good that RCI still hasn't implimented the mandatory $10 per day pp like NCL & the other lines.

The guidelines for a restaurant are 15% of the total bill, but you should still give a tip based on quality of service. A tip is earned, it is not guaranteed.

Archived