Norwegian Dream

You have to look in the lower left corner for the picture date on Google Earth. The pic of Sembawang is from April 5. 2010 and may well be NCL Dream. The pic from Bermuda is from 5/12/2008, and also may be Majesty (who has been sailing for Louis Cruise Lines in the Med. as Louis Majesty since mid-2009). EM

Edited by Essiesmom

• 5 months later...

Ever since her sale to Louis Cruises was cancelled in 2008 due to "technical issues relating to the vessel", the Dream has been in cruise ship limbo.

ncldream.jpg

Too expensive (or difficult) to repair but seemingly still too valuable to scrap.

• 5 months later...

Per Seatrade Insider news, she's undergoing a $50m upgrade to become SuperStar Gemini for Star Cruises. They plan to operate her out of Penang, Shanghai, and Sanya. Star Cruises SuperStar Aquarius is her sister, the former Norwegian Wind.

I just found pictures of "Dreamward". My husband sailed on her sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, and judging by some other pictures, she must have been sailing in the Bahamas.

Here's my question, in the photos there is the Celebrity/Chandris "X on the smokestack. Was she owned by Chandris before NCL?

Just curious :)

Per Seatrade Insider news, she's undergoing a $50m upgrade to become SuperStar Gemini for Star Cruises. They plan to operate her out of Penang, Shanghai, and Sanya. Star Cruises SuperStar Aquarius is her sister, the former Norwegian Wind.

Really glad Star decided to just put her into service in their fleet.

Very happy to hear the Dream will be sailing again and the ports of call look very interesting. My first cruise was on the Dream in Alaska in 2005 and loved it. I'm wondering if the renovation included fixing the access on deck 9 or 10 (I think) where you had to go up/down a deck to get to the cabins in front.

I just found pictures of "Dreamward". My husband sailed on her sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, and judging by some other pictures, she must have been sailing in the Bahamas.

Here's my question, in the photos there is the Celebrity/Chandris "X on the smokestack. Was she owned by Chandris before NCL?

Dreamward was built for Norwegian, and delivered in 1992. Never sailed for any other line. EM

Hey Water Baby, is the red part of this logo the possible "X" you are seeing in the picture? It is a very early Logo for NCL. Up close it isn't really an "X", but even on some of the old ship cards, the logo on the stack appears to be an "X" when it is really this.

436562893_NCLEarlyLogo.jpg.b199c944d64653c6eedd161bf0548b4a.jpg

• 3 years later...