water,water, everywhere?

forrest08

We have decided against the x1 as only one of the three of us drinks alcohol and he would have to be drunk every meal time to justify the cost! We're going on the concordia soon and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if table water is available at meal times in the dining room or is it bottled water only? Is the water safe to drink anyway, or should we stick to bottled at all times? Also if he was to buy a pre dinner drink in one of the bars can he take it into the dining room with him?

thanks.

Water is available as a paclage, you get a book of coupons, which you give in when you want a bottle, costs Pounds 18.16 for 13 bottles. Or a single bottle costs Euro 2.50. Tip icde water served in jugs is FOC, but you have to ask for it.

Ron

As Blu says, you can ask for a jug of ice water at your table. I think the unbottled water on board has gone through the ship's desalinization plant because while it's perfectly good to drink, its taste is a little "different." I've never taken the X-1 package, preferring to order the wine I really want from the wine list which the waiter will provide along with the dinner menu. For the better wines the price range is around 20-28 euros a bottle (more expensive vintages also available). Since my wife and I usually never drink more than a half bottle at dinner, the waiter will cork it and have it on the table the following evening. I'm no true wine expert but I've never been impressed with the wines offered in the package deals.

_________

7/2009 - Costa Magica - Norway-Iceland-Scotland

4/2009 - Costa Concordia - Eastern Med

1/2009 - MS Oberoi Philae - Nile River Cruise

12/2007 - Costa Europa - Savona-Dubai Repositioning

5/2007 - MSC Opera - Norwegian Fiords

6/1994 - MSC Monterey - Eastern Med

You can get jugs of iced water with lunch and dinner - just ask for it. There is also a water dispenser (which dispenses ice too) which you can use if you fancy a glass of water, at lunchtime with the buffet.

You can easily buy a drink from any bar and carry it to dinner (or carry it to another bar). No problem with carrying drinks around the ship in their glasses.

We were told not to drink from the taps on the ship, but there is water dispensers in the gym and in the buffet restaurants you can use.

Tip if you do buy the X1 package - we asked for a drink just as we were finishing dinner and carried it to the bar we wanted to have a drink in after dinner.

Archived