Favorite foods on Princess - what are yours ??

planooldfamily

Twice-baked goat cheese souffle and escargot.

Has the goat cheese souffle been a regular for a long time? I have cruised 3 times with Princess (but it has been 4-5 years since the last one) and for some reason this one is not ringing a bell. I do know that I am a huge fan of goat cheese so I am looking forward to consuming in a few weeks.

I am not too adventurous in the food department, but.....

Loved the:

Fettucini Alfredo

Rack of lamb

Prime rib

Pizza

Burgers and fries from the poolside grill

Warm chocolate chip cookies from International cafe

Any dessert with chocolate as a component ;)

We are friends of the buffet so have developed favorites there. The guacamole we adore. Any time they have shrimp out, good stuff. The Horseradish is also very good and clears the sinus cavities. Beef Wellington night is our favorite night.

In Sterlings another hot spot for us we really like the Prime Rib and the clam chowder.

I missed contributing to this topic last time around. My must haves on every cruise are the mushroom soup, escargot and fettuccine alfredo. Love many of the other things already mentioned (as well as other standard menu items), but those are my absolute top 3!

My mouth is watering just thinking about them. :)

It seems that the fettuccine alfredo is loved by a few of us ;)

But I have lots of favorites including the shrimp salad sandwich at the International Cafe. Makes a great lunch :)

So, what's the big deal about the fettucini alfredo?? I haven't cruised with Princess yet so haven't tried it... and honestly, I wasn't planning to order it. There are so many other wonderful foods to choose from! To me, fettucini alfredo just seems like upscale mac & cheese. Don't see why I'd want to fill up with pasta and rich sauce (which I can afford to make/buy at home) when I can have all those wonderful meats, fish, etc.

So, what's so special about it? Is it really so great that I "have to" try it? Convince me! :cool:

So, what's the big deal about the fettucini alfredo?? I haven't cruised with Princess yet so haven't tried it... and honestly, I wasn't planning to order it. There are so many other wonderful foods to choose from! To me, fettucini alfredo just seems like upscale mac & cheese. Don't see why I'd want to fill up with pasta and rich sauce (which I can afford to make/buy at home) when I can have all those wonderful meats, fish, etc.

So, what's so special about it? Is it really so great that I "have to" try it? Convince me! :cool:

Princess has a long tradition with Italian chefs and menus. This is not your ordinary fettucini Alfredo or upgraded mac & cheese, but is created as though you were in Italy. The fettucini is hand-made and yes, the Alfredo is a rich sauce but a much lighter sauce. Pretty much any of the Italian dishes on Princess are outstanding.

Archived