Favorite foods on Princess - what are yours ??

planooldfamily

In the last thread that discussed food someone mentioned something that was like a banana split offered for desert, I can't find that thread, so what was the name? I leave in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I try it, everyone raved about it.

TIA

Volcano...but it is not on the menu, you have to ask for it.

The lamb shanks and the beef madallions were delish and so were the desserts at Sabatini's (chocolate espresso creme brule sp?):D

I don't recall a banana split but they did offer banana's foster one night on my recent Ruby sailing. They were prepared fresh in the DR and were great:)

One afternoon in Horizon Court they had chocolate covered grapes. They looked weird, but they tasted SO good. They used dark chocolate, and the grapes were slightly frozen.

I am not sure where they get their chocolate, but anything I had with chocolate in it/on it was wonderful.

On the morning of disembarkation, in the main dining room, the James Beard's French Toast is wonderful. Although I don't ever look forward to leaving the ship, this treat does make the last day a lot better. I have only seen it offered at the last breakfast, only in the main dining room.

My husband and I are leaving on our first-ever cruise in one week! We are so excited and have spent alot of time learning on cc over the past few months. After reading this thread, I only have one worry- HOW AM I GOING TO EAT ALL OF THIS GREAT FOOD IN ONE WEEK :) Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!

We cruised with friends who loves the lamb (shanks? chops?). The head waiter offered to serve lamb the next night to Dotti who happily said yes and when asked how many she raised her 3 fingers. Sure enough, the next night they brought her a plate with the full lamb dinner with sides, and then they brought the next plate and then the next (wish I'd had a camera to catch the expressions!). Needless to say, we all ate a bit of lamb that night - ah the joys of traditional dining, where your waitstaff really get to know your needs and can be playful. :D

On our last cruise, I asked our waiter about the Baked Alaska and he told me it had been discontinued because a waiter had been badly burned. I don't know if this is accurate or not.

We had it last week. Sorry to all of you who love it - we don't and didn't eat it.:(

We were also told on a cruise a month ago that the meals that the head waiters make in the dining room were discontinued because of a fire and on the cruise last week they were still making them.

There is a new menu that will eventually be on all Princess ships that discontinues a lot of the "personal" things. It's either a money saver or to make things more the same between traditional and anytime, where it would be impossible to have the cooking or the Baked Alaska Parade.

We cruised with friends who loves the lamb (shanks? chops?). The head waiter offered to serve lamb the next night to Dotti who happily said yes and when asked how many she raised her 3 fingers. Sure enough, the next night they brought her a plate with the full lamb dinner with sides, and then they brought the next plate and then the next (wish I'd had a camera to catch the expressions!). Needless to say, we all ate a bit of lamb that night - ah the joys of traditional dining, where your waitstaff really get to know your needs and can be playful. :D

I forgot to mention the lamb shanks.... They Were Terrific!!!!

We are contemplating a PC cruise on Coral Princess in 2010. One food that is very near to my heart on any cruise is bagel, cream cheese and lox at breakfast. Can someone tell me if it is available on a daily basis?? Thanks Princess cruisers !!

We are contemplating a PC cruise on Coral Princess in 2010. One food that is very near to my heart on any cruise is bagel, cream cheese and lox at breakfast. Can someone tell me if it is available on a daily basis?? Thanks Princess cruisers !!

Yes. In the dining room. My husband ate that every day!

(sometimes they have lox in the buffet also)

I love the pasta that's made tableside. Yummy with lots of garlic. I also like their hazelnut ice cream; very rich with lots of flavor.

Hazelnuts are one of my favorite things, but I've never had them in

ice cream - only in gelato. Definitely something to look forward to --

leaving in 2 weeks on Golden to Hawaii.

Cindy:D

the best entree was rack of lamb... wonderful

best dessert was chocolate bread pudding with vanilla sauce. only saw it offered at lunch. the regular bread pudding with vanilla sauce was also only offered once in the dining room. loved the cold soups and the prawns served with the lobster were actually better than the lobster.

Archived