Louis Cruises MV Aquamarine questions

Crowsnesters

Has anyone done a 3 day roundtrip Athens cruise on this ship?

If so how was it? Specifically I understand that this more basic cruise line than say Princess or Cunard with which we have cruised. So we would expect smaller rooms, twin beds maybe some wear but clean. Decently prepared food but fewer choices and less beef. Is this about right? Is there an always avaiable menu? Is the buffet open extended hours? Any other information would be appreciated.:confused:

We have done a similar cruise with Louis. I have been on a small ship previously - but this ship was tired. (Sorry I can't even remember the name of the Ship!)

But saying that I would do it again. We did travel to Ephesus. Do a shore excursion here. It is amazing. We booked it on the ship.

I would not be too worried about the other shore excursions, Mykonos - just visit Mykonos Town, wander and enjoy the atmosphere. A taxi from the ship will not be expensive. You will love it. Patmos - take a taxi right from the post visit St. John's (?) grotto and head back to the harbour and enjoy a drink before leaving . You won't be in port very long. We did not get to Rhodes. We went to Santorini.

The food was edible at best. Very casual. You have to remember it is not a large ship. You will be able to deal with it for a few days. We did Mykonos for 4 days and then a 3 day cruise. I’m not being negative – I’m being honest. I would go back and do it in a minute. We loved Greece.

Leon 55,

Thank you for your reply. That really helped. We really want to see Greece and this trip highlights the sights we want to see (4 days around Athens and then the 3 day cruise) and is the right price and time. So we think we will probablely go ahead book. Thank you again.:D

We went on a Big Chorus cruise on the Perla, and enjoyed it very much. Think ferry rather than cruise ship-the food is quantity rather than quality; the entertainment is rather home made and the pool is miniscule. But the guests are amazing, from all over the world-lots of back packers when we were on, from Oz and SA. It's the itinerary that you go for, and that's usually tremendous. A young group of travellers, usually. It was clean if a bit basic, with an excellent cabin steward.-jocap.

Archived