New to Celebrity - Formal Night Q

shebring02lx

Hey Everyone!

I am new to Celebrity .... and I will be on the Century April 2 2009 for my honeymoon.

My questions is.... I am doing the 4 night cruise out of Miami to Key West & Cozumel...when is formal night? If you have used the salon on board on formal night for an updo...what did they charge?

Thanks so much in Advance

Heather

Hi...welcome to X...you will love it! there is "something" about Celebrity that is hard to put into words...it's a wonderful, classy experience. Food is really yummy too!:)

As far as the formal night, someone else may know a better answer, but on our last 2, when you get your cruise docs, it will tell you the full itinerary for dress code. While I have only taken 7 day + voyages, in a 4 day cruise, there will only be 1 formal night and typically it will be 1 day in the middle. Hope that helps, enjoy your trip!

Thank you sooo much.

One of the reasons we choose Celebrity is because it is known for its "class" .... we love to party as much as the next couple but ....this is our honeymoon and we wanted something more elegant and memoriable! :)

Thanks...Im still trying to figure out what day of the cruise the formal night will be on. Ive sailed Carnival and only Carnival up until now...and on the 4 day KW/COZ iten. it was typically on the KW night.

When should I expect my docs?

Thank you sooo much.

One of the reasons we choose Celebrity is because it is known for its "class" .... we love to party as much as the next couple but ....this is our honeymoon and we wanted something more elegant and memoriable! :)

Thanks...Im still trying to figure out what day of the cruise the formal night will be on. Ive sailed Carnival and only Carnival up until now...and on the 4 day KW/COZ iten. it was typically on the KW night.

When should I expect my docs?

Hi:)congratulations.

Formal Night will be night #2.

You sail on April 2nd? Your documents should be arriving within

the next couple of weeks:)

Agree with the others, it will probably be the second night out. you can confirm as I believe the list it on the Q & A of the Celebrity web site. As for the experience, you may find it a bit quite at night. My husband and I ( 40's)have cruised predominately RCL both with and without kids. When we were in our 30's we did a Celebrity and the night life in the club was practically non existant except for the show staff. We are booked on Solstice in two weeks and I am hoping things are better this time around. The upside is that we are "foodies" and the food was a notch better on Celebrity. Hope it is everything you hope for on your honeymoon.

I didn't get an updo on my Millie cruise but I do still have an AquaSpa menu in my possession from 2006 - I know it's a bit out of date but it should give you a rough idea!

An updo started at $33. I imagine it would be more if you have more/longer hair or want extra embellishments or whatever. If your formal night is on a sea day, the AquaSpa could be really packed, so I recommend prebooking your appointment before you sail if you can, and if not, go immediately to the AS and book as soon as you board.

Have a great cruise and congratulations!! We got back from the 4 night on Century today, it was great. I had a pedicure in the spa which was $$$$ and I am not sure how much the updos are, I would guess around $50.

Like people have said, formal night is the 2nd night, Friday. We only ate in the MDR one night and that was it.

Food is OK at best, steer clear of the strip steak and if you like shrimp cocktail, order two, they are small!

Have fun!!

Congrads!!! Honeymoons are always so much more wonderful than a "regular" cruise. At least my children have all told me that. I hope your experience with Celebrity is grand. On a shorter cruise, there is always a bit more activity that on the longer ones at night (that has been my experience with Celebrity). I love Celebrity and my grown kids think she offers the best cruise options out there. They enjoy Royal and have tried Carnival but they all want Celebrity when asked for a choice. Have fun. Remember to order your room service breakfast before you "go to bed" so you can relax in the morning. If you find you still need a bit more to eat you can always stop off at the buffet before you go ashore. Again, CONGRADS!

Have a great cruise and congratulations!! We got back from the 4 night on Century today, it was great. I had a pedicure in the spa which was $$$$ and I am not sure how much the updos are, I would guess around $50.

Like people have said, formal night is the 2nd night, Friday. We only ate in the MDR one night and that was it.

Food is OK at best, steer clear of the strip steak and if you like shrimp cocktail, order two, they are small!

Have fun!!

Where did you eat the other nights and how was that?

Thanks

Where did you eat the other nights and how was that?

Thanks

Well, the first night we ate in Murano and I highly recommend that, it was worth the extra $60 that we had to pay. The service was excellent and my food was good, not the best food in the world but very good. My husband ordered the lobster bisque and said it was very spicy. Great atmosphere and a nice way to start off the cruise.

The second night, as I said, we ate in the MDR for formal night, glad we did it, but did not need to go back.

The third and the fourth nights we ate in Islands Cafe. We were tired from Cozumel and we both did the pasta bar which we thought was the best food of the trip. The last day, we met a great couple and they had not had the pasta so we did that again with them, although I actually did the stir fry bar which was good too.

They also have a little section of Islands that they turn into a sit down restaurant at night, I think they call it Islands Bistro. We honestly did not notice it until the last night. The menu looked pretty good and we almost did that the last night.

Oh, and they also had the sushi bar set up in Islands the last night too and my husband had that along with the pasta.

I would say the best food on the trip was Muranos, the pasta bar and the hamburgers and hot dogs at the poolside grill. Sad to say the MDR not even close!

Well, the first night we ate in Murano and I highly recommend that, it was worth the extra $60 that we had to pay. The service was excellent and my food was good, not the best food in the world but very good. My husband ordered the lobster bisque and said it was very spicy. Great atmosphere and a nice way to start off the cruise.

The second night, as I said, we ate in the MDR for formal night, glad we did it, but did not need to go back.

The third and the fourth nights we ate in Islands Cafe. We were tired from Cozumel and we both did the pasta bar which we thought was the best food of the trip. The last day, we met a great couple and they had not had the pasta so we did that again with them, although I actually did the stir fry bar which was good too.

They also have a little section of Islands that they turn into a sit down restaurant at night, I think they call it Islands Bistro. We honestly did not notice it until the last night. The menu looked pretty good and we almost did that the last night.

Oh, and they also had the sushi bar set up in Islands the last night too and my husband had that along with the pasta.

I would say the best food on the trip was Muranos, the pasta bar and the hamburgers and hot dogs at the poolside grill. Sad to say the MDR not even close!

Thanks...that is why on mass market lines we usually end up eating in the specialty restaurants until we get sick of them. The menu doesn't change and after a couple of nights in a row, I need a change. On a short cruise though this probably won't happen.

OP, I was on 4 nite that returned yesterday. Formal night was 2nd night and was well attended. Most everyone dressed up....I only saw 2 tuxes but mostly dark suits on the guys. Women wore either cocktail/sparkly short dresses or a few gowns (myself included).

Food was very good that night - if you like lamb, order the rack of lamb. I thought it was as good, if not better, than the lamb in Muranos. No sign of lobster in any form though.

I would say the best food & service (other than Muranos) was at the Islands Bistro...a steal at $2 per person (we left more)....please try it.

Thank you all for your advise.

Normally ..... I book cruises at least 6 months in advance....giving me enough time to do my homework. Unfortunatly we booked this cruise at the last minute .... we were not sure if we were going to be able to take a honeymoon since my husband joined the Navy and will be leaving for Basic Training at the end of April. ((SO MUCH to do before he leaves for Chicago))

I appreciate all the information .... this will help me in my cram session to learn as much as possible about her before setting sail!

The updo price is based on the length of your hair. for chin length it was $45 and went up from there to around $65 for really long hair. And, if you want something more than a French twist, something more elaborate, it will cost more.

Archived