Cabins on the Legend

ALM54

We are thinking of booking a 14 day Mediterranean trip on the Legend later this year. This would be our first time on Seabourn.

My question is is there a real advantage between the B3 and B2 cabins?

From the deck plans I have seen it appears the only difference is the deck you are on. Would the cabins feel small for a such a long trip?

And do these cabins have balconies? Is this the configuration that has sliding doors that open to the cabin?

Thanks for any advice. As an fyi, this is a special trip for myself and my husband, a well-deserved and long-delayed reward. :)

There is no difference in the cabins between grades B3-B4, the only difference is the deck you choose. In terms of the "balcony" it's not really a balcony, more a sliding door with enough room for your feet only. You don't need a balcony on these ships, there is so much deck space that the only real benefit of these cabins is to hear the sea at night, or to let some air into the cabin.

Hope this has helped

James

thanks, yes, that helped...do you have recommendations for the best location on the ship to avoid seasickness? I know a smaller ship could present some problems.

Always try and have midship, and lower deck, probably best to take a B3 if I were you....

Seabourn is a fantastic line, and you won't be disappointed with the service or the food. Cabins are also more like suites, and have everything in them.

James

thanks, yes, that helped...do you have recommendations for the best location on the ship to avoid seasickness? I know a smaller ship could present some problems.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and this Seabourn Board Anita!

James is absolutely right and if you don't really need a French balcony, you can also book a lower deck suite midship like an A1 for instance and safe a lot of money!

By the way, bigger ships can also cause seasickness. There isn't really much difference. Either you suffer it, or you don't!

Marja

Anita,

I defintely would not book a balcony suite in a really cold climate (northern Europe) or a humid climate (such as SE Asia or the Caribbean). IMPO the Med is one place where a balcony can make sense because you are more likely to use it. You will find that many of us, after the first Seabourn cruise, tend to gravitate toward the A level suites ( it our case now it is always A1 midsips as a bit of rough sea "insurance"). Since the suites (with the exception of the 6 larger suites) are all the same size there really is no class system like their is on the big ships. Besides being a a more stable part of the ship, by booking an A suite there is the advantage of saving money that can be put toward cruising more often. So go ahead and book the balcony on your first cruise and enjoy it. You will then be hooked and will probably join most of us on the A level in future cruises.

Anita, my wife and I have been on three seabourn cruises of more than ten day duration, hong kong to australia, Carribbean and greece to Egypt. Even the lowest priced cabin on Seabourn is the same. they are all very comfortable and well organized. the cagins that have "balconies" are simply sliding doors that open. Your view without a balcony is just as good out of the large window in each cabin. We've had top level suites on other cruise lines and even with larger rooms and balconies, they don't compare to the intimate and personal service you'll get on Seabourn. I recommend A level also, mid ships. Save a bunch of money and it will feel the same.

Thanks so much to all for their comments.:)

Maybe one more slightly unrelated question. How difficult is it to fly in and out of Monte Carlo?

Anita

You fly into Nice, and transfer. Very easy.

Host Dan

Thanks so much to all for their comments.:)

Maybe one more slightly unrelated question. How difficult is it to fly in and out of Monte Carlo?

Anita

Do it in style ....... fly into Nice and get the helicopter shuttle into Monte-Carlo.

Thanks to all for your advice...you have all been great. :)

We are about to book the cruise as soon as we finalize quotes....we are really looking forward to this trip.

Anita

Archived