How's the iced tea on Princess?

LadyLeo84

Thanks to everyone for giving me an idea of what to expect in regards to the iced tea!!! We have also brewed our own on the ship as other posters have done. Of course, it tastes soooo much better, but is kind of a hassle at times. But anyway, we'll give it a "taste test" when on board and see if we can live with it for a week, or NOT.

Thanks again. Happy sailing to everyone!

I have found that the iced tea on the various ships have a terrible effect on my digestion system. Since I don't suffer with ice tea on land, at home or in restaurants, I believe it is how the water is treated on board. Many times the amount of chlorine in their treated water is exorbitant and strong tasting and can cause stomach upset, and I need to avoid the iced and hot tea completely. I Never drink coffee so I can't comment on that. I bring my own beverages now rather than suffer stomach distress.

I work for Starbucks (and do not drink coffee);) I am a certified tea barista for my company. The iced tea that is served in the various buffet lines on Princess ships tastes as though it had been made from powered, instant iced tea. If you "doctor' it enough with sweetener, lemon etc. it is certainly drinkable but if you want real iced tea then you will have to brew your own.

By the way, I work for Starbucks because my wife loves her coffee and we bring our own pot and french press on every trip. First stop in many ports is the local Starbucks to see if they have something that we can not get here in the states.:)

Tastes fine to me.

Oh yeah I like the coffee too. :D

And I thought that I was the only one who liked the coffee. As far as tea, I prefer my native Long Island ice tea but that isn't served in the Horizon Cafe.;)

Perhaps the real question should be, "How is the iced tea if you drink it PLAIN?" IMHO, iced tea is meant to be drunk plain, not with lots of lemon or sugar. If you are going to add all that to it, it doesn't matter what it tastes like to begin with, since you will be mostly tasting lemon and sugar.

From what I've read here so far, it sounds like I may have to do the hot tea over ice thing to get something decent.

Thanks again to everyone's response!!! From the sounds of things, we will probably be brewing our own tea again, as we like fairly strong tea with just a tiny bit of sweetener in it. If we order tea in a restaurant that tastes like instant, we will usually just end up with water instead.

To Triple7Tahoe; I LOVE Starbuck's iced tea! I have even purchased the tea bags from one of our local Starbuck's so that I could enjoy it at home as well. Mmmmmm.

Thanks again to everyone's response!!! From the sounds of things, we will probably be brewing our own tea again, as we like fairly strong tea with just a tiny bit of sweetener in it. If we order tea in a restaurant that tastes like instant, we will usually just end up with water instead.

To Triple7Tahoe; I LOVE Starbuck's iced tea! I have even purchased the tea bags from one of our local Starbuck's so that I could enjoy it at home as well. Mmmmmm.

For our black iced tea we use Earl Grey; Green tea is Zen and the Passion tea is. . . well Passion :D. Now that is clear, I think I'll make a quick trip down to my store and get my wife her latte and my iced tea;)

Enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for giving me an idea of what to expect in regards to the iced tea!!! We have also brewed our own on the ship as other posters have done. Of course, it tastes soooo much better, but is kind of a hassle at times. But anyway, we'll give it a "taste test" when on board and see if we can live with it for a week, or NOT.

Thanks again. Happy sailing to everyone!

I am not sure if you like hot tea. But next cruise i am going to buy myself a mug on board so I can bring it to the dinning room for breakfast as I hate the little tea cups they give you for your hot drinks, I am English and I like a good cup of tea. I tried to keep one in my room from the horizon court for when we ordered tea but out room steward kept on taking it.

Have fun on your cruise.

KIM :):)

When you brew your own tea do you mean you just bring teabags/tealeaves and use the hot water at the buffet? Is that the only time hot water is available or is there some appliance to boil water in the stateroom?

Also, I've only cruised once and it was on NCL. They only offered water, ice tea, along with coffee and juice but only in the morning. Is that the same for Princess?

In the past, I thought Princess iced tea was just downright awful. I had also brewed my own because I couldn't stand theirs. I had some on the Emerald in January and thought it was much better. I was wondering at the time if they were making it different.

I thought the "free" lemonaide was pretty good.

We will be going on our first Princess cruise this June. We are avid iced tea drinkers and have had a lot of really bad-tasting tea on the different ships that we've been on. So, we would like to try and find out in advance what to expect before we get on board this summer. Does the tea on Princess taste more like real brewed tea or more like the syrup stuff that's dispensed from a fountain?

On our first Princess Cruise last week it tasted like cold brewed tea. Presumably they are all the same.

When you brew your own tea do you mean you just bring teabags/tealeaves and use the hot water at the buffet? Is that the only time hot water is available or is there some appliance to boil water in the stateroom?

Also, I've only cruised once and it was on NCL. They only offered water, ice tea, along with coffee and juice but only in the morning. Is that the same for Princess?

I brought special Ginger Tea bags last week on the Crown. I find if my stomach is a little off, nothing makes it feel better like a cup of Ginger Tea. What I did (twice) was go down to the International Cafe (Piazza level - 5) and ask for hot water. They gave it to me in a tea pot. I plopped my tea bag in it, waited 5 minutes and poured my cup of tea.

Archived