How's the iced tea on Princess?

LadyLeo84

We will be going on our first Princess cruise this June. We are avid iced tea drinkers and have had a lot of really bad-tasting tea on the different ships that we've been on. So, we would like to try and find out in advance what to expect before we get on board this summer. Does the tea on Princess taste more like real brewed tea or more like the syrup stuff that's dispensed from a fountain?

We will be going on our first Princess cruise this June. We are avid iced tea drinkers and have had a lot of really bad-tasting tea on the different ships that we've been on. So, we would like to try and find out in advance what to expect before we get on board this summer. Does the tea on Princess taste more like real brewed tea or more like the syrup stuff that's dispensed from a fountain?

Well, let me just say that what we do is brew hot tea onboard and then pour it over ice. The iced tea ranks about the same as the syrup coffee in our opinion. :(

Well, let me just say that what we do is brew hot tea onboard and then pour it over ice. The iced tea ranks about the same as the syrup coffee in our opinion. :(

Ditto! Bring a plastic bottle, fill it with ice and then pour in your freshly brewed hot tea! We do it all the time.

On my Princess vouages I have found both the quality and taste of the iced tea standard from one vessel to another.

The taste itself is similar to "Sun tea" that you see a lot in Arizona, but ther are no sweeteners added. As another poster has indicated adding lemon and a sweetener might be more suitable to some folks' tastebuds. Cheers.

Ciao for now!!!

I haven't been overly impressed with the tea on any cruiseline, but it would take a lot to impress me since I brew my own from loose leaf jasmine tea on a very regular basis. I am a bit of a tea snob, anything that comes in little bags with a string attached just doesn't cut it, has to be leaf tea... Like all my cruises, I'll be bringing along my own.

I haven't been overly impressed with the tea on any cruiseline, but it would take a lot to impress me since I brew my own from loose leaf jasmine tea on a very regular basis. I am a bit of a tea snob, anything that comes in little bags with a string attached just doesn't cut it, has to be leaf tea... Like all my cruises, I'll be bringing along my own.

I wouldn't call you a tea snob...you just like specialty tea and that's what you got used to:)

If you like brewed iced tea, you probably will not like the tea on Princess. My partner drinks his iced tea without sweetner or lemon or anything else. (Blick). He's a hard core tea drinker (Starbucks black, no added water, little ice). Like Toto, he orders hot tea and a glass of ice every time. Takes a little longer, but he cannot stand the syrup kind.

Perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly. I've read that the coffee made with the syrup is free, but you have to pay extra for freshly brewed coffee. Is there an extra charge for iced tea, or is it complimentary throughout the day, as well as in the buffet and Main Dining Room? Thank you!

Perhaps I didn't phrase my question correctly. I've read that the coffee made with the syrup is free, but you have to pay extra for freshly brewed coffee. Is there an extra charge for iced tea, or is it complimentary throughout the day, as well as in the buffet and Main Dining Room? Thank you!

Sorry, misunderstood. The 'from syrup' Iced Tea is available 24/7 complimentary. ;)

I found the iced tea (and coffee) to be OK. I do not use lemon or sugar. I also found that the hot water - to make your own cup of tea - was nearly hot enough to make a good cup of tea - never mind iced tea.

PS - you pay for brewed coffee at the International Cafe.

I did not like ice tea at all. Tasted like cold strong tea to me. Even with sugar in it. I guess in Canada we are use to a different kind.

Maybe bring some of the kind you like that is what I am going to do on next cruise. And then just order a jug of cold water to your room. I always try and bring a travel mug with us for drinks.

KIM :):)

Archived