Disappointed tween?

Maggiesueb

Due to the airline cancelling/changing our flight, I might have to change our reservation from the Freedom of the Seas to one of the Carnival ships (Valor or Liberty) in June for my 12 1/2 yr old granddaughter and me. I know this is probably like comparing apples and oranges, but please tell me that she will have a great time on a Carnival cruise!

Thanks,

Maggie (worried g-ma)

She will have a great time on a Carnival cruise! They are more alike than different, even tho the Carnival ship won't have the"flowrider" (which most likely, she wouldn't be able to do much more than fall down!) and some of the other "bells and whistle"--it's still a kid-friendly time!

Before you cancel your Freedom cruise, have you looked to see what alternative flights are available on your airline? Typically when they cancel or change your flights, they will allow you to switch to other flights on the same airline at no charge.

Before you cancel your Freedom cruise, have you looked to see what alternative flights are available on your airline? Typically when they cancel or change your flights, they will allow you to switch to other flights on the same airline at no charge.

That's what I was thinking.

They did move our flight - but instead of going directly to DC, they sent us through JFK - not acceptable. I checked out all the alternatives, and I ended up booking on the Carnival Liberty. My fingers are crossed that she will still have a ball and will not miss the rock climbing wall, the ice skating rink, etc. A big difference in rate, too, and in getting from the airport (FLL to Miami) instead of MCO to Port Canaveral.

Maggie

Archived