Early Saver Best Price Guarantee Form

kwilliams137

Has anyone submitted this form online and gotten good results?

We noticed a large price drop today for past guests, and sent the form. Also called Carnival to ask and they really didn't seem to want to answer either way. They basically said, "It will take up to 48 hours before you hear back about the form"....

The form says you will hear within 48 hours. My friend has done it twice and gotten two refunds as have many here. If you do a search for early saver, you will see many here who have already submitted the form. If you dont hear within the 48 hours, or 2 business days since this is the weekend, Id resubmit the form.

The form says you will hear within 48 hours. My friend has done it twice and gotten two refunds as have many here. If you do a search for early saver, you will see many here who have already submitted the form. If you dont hear within the 48 hours, or 2 business days since this is the weekend, Id resubmit the form.

Where do you get the form?

Thanks for the quick response... Ever since our PVP of 3 years left the company, nothing has gone smoothly for us. He used to handle all of this for us automatically. 1 PvP in 3 years, then in the past 3 months we have had 3 different ones.....

The price we saw was very complicated since it was a catagory upgrade and past guest discount, however it was on Carnival's site so hopefully it won't be an issue. It almost looks like Carnival is really trying to fill their early summer sailings quick with all of these deep discounts.

Where do you get the form?

You can print it off of the carnival website. It says if you've used a ta to book your cruise to have them submit it for you. Is that mandatory or can I submit it myself?

You can print it off of the carnival website. It says if you've used a ta to book your cruise to have them submit it for you. Is that mandatory or can I submit it myself?

Just click and submit, no need to print it unless you want a copy for yourself.

Yes, if you used a TA then the TA needs to submit the form, not you.

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but the ES form asks for "website" if applicable. I thought Carnival would only accept lower fare's from their own website. Is this is true or am I mistaken? If not, what other website fare's would they honor. I check the carnival.com website daily and the price for my cabin (same date, ship, etc) has gone up in price on their website but I've not looked anywhere else. If anybody knows more about the whole "carnival advertised price" specifics... please let me know because I'm a bit confused. Thanks!!

I inadvertently submitted the form rather than having my TA do it, and received an email in less than 24 hours from Carnival telling me that my TA had to submit. She did so yesterday, so I'm expecting to hear before Wednesday. Price went down $40 pp on the past guest rate. I'll post when I hear back.

I inadvertently submitted the form rather than having my TA do it, and received an email in less than 24 hours from Carnival telling me that my TA had to submit. She did so yesterday, so I'm expecting to hear before Wednesday. Price went down $40 pp on the past guest rate. I'll post when I hear back.

The form is supposed to only be for early saver, so you used it for past guest too? wonder if that works? (assuming you booked with carnival and can submit it yourself).

Friday morning I saw that the price for my cruise had gone down. I e-mailed my Carnival PVP on Friday morning and my cruise price was reduced today. I didn't submit any type of forms at all.

Just a note for those checking prices: I have been checking the price on my cruise ever since I booked. I have an 8A. When you check the price, the price under balcony is for a 7A and then I have to edit 7A to get the price for an 8A. On Friday, the price on the first page where it lists the 7A price had gone UP! I almost didn't do the edit to see the 8A price. But for some reason the 7A went up and the 8A went down. It wasn't much - only $ 20/person but I'll take what I can get!

The form is supposed to only be for early saver, so you used it for past guest too? wonder if that works? (assuming you booked with carnival and can submit it yourself).

True the form is only for those booked under the early saver program. However, the early saver program is a guarantee that you pay the lowest price advertised. If you are a past guest and you see a past guest rate that is lower than the early saver rate you booked at, you can fill out the form and get the reduction. :)

Friday morning I saw that the price for my cruise had gone down. I e-mailed my Carnival PVP on Friday morning and my cruise price was reduced today. I didn't submit any type of forms at all.

Just a note for those checking prices: I have been checking the price on my cruise ever since I booked. I have an 8A. When you check the price, the price under balcony is for a 7A and then I have to edit 7A to get the price for an 8A. On Friday, the price on the first page where it lists the 7A price had gone UP! I almost didn't do the edit to see the 8A price. But for some reason the 7A went up and the 8A went down. It wasn't much - only $ 20/person but I'll take what I can get!

I forgot to mention that I was booked under the Early Saver Program.

True the form is only for those booked under the early saver program. However, the early saver program is a guarantee that you pay the lowest price advertised. If you are a past guest and you see a past guest rate that is lower than the early saver rate you booked at, you can fill out the form and get the reduction. :)

This is true- we booked under the Early Saver rate initially and then saw a few weeks later that the resident rate was considerably lower. I called Carnival to ask whether I should fill this form out since I was now looking for the resident rate, and the PVP said yes- if you initally book early saver, you keep submitting the early save form even if you are asking for a different rate (resident, past guest, senior etc.).

We saw the lower rate on a Saturday and the PVP told us that there is normally a 48 hour window for receiving a response on the reduction. However, it was the weekend and apparently whoever works on thes requests does not work weekends. So, the PVP told us to give it until Tuesday. We got the email confirming our reduction on Monday afternoon. Same thing happened this weekend- I'm currently waiting for confirmation on another reduction.

No hassle and very easy to do.

I filled the form out last Friday (within the 48 hours of booking). I found on another website a $200 discount per person. I also emailed my pvp to ask her about it, and she sent a link for the form I already filled out. Got a call from pvp this morning telling me that while checking for my price reduction, Carnival called the other website in question and the other website had made a mistake on the price. That amount was for a trip out of New Orleans, not Galveston and that I would not receive any money back or onboard credit. The website price now matches Carnival price that I paid last week. I was excited all weekend thinking that I was going to really get a great deal.

Its almost every weekend the price is dropping now.

Today I noticed something different, a "Fun Funds" rate. Is this Carnival's way of offering a rate the same as the early saver, and giving obc as a "discount".

Since their policy says the advertised rate is what must be cheaper than your rate to get the price reduction, I am thinking this is Carnival's way to offer a rate, with obc that would be less than the rate we all paid... It sounds confusing but I think I got my point across...

Heard from my TA last night that Carnival reduced the price of our cruise by the $40 per person and an additional $5 per person for taxes. Brings the cost of my cruise down $140 per person since I booked it. So we're still Early Saver but are paying the past guest rate.

I noticed the new rates today also. This "fun funds" rate is basically the regular rate with an obc. Will be interesting to see what people think of it.

It would actually be about the same for me to book with this rate and have the obc, but I'd have to lay out the $240 ahead of time. I'd rather save it and pay the s&s bill later.

Also noticed resident rates available for my cruise, which were the same as the past guest. Guess the economy is affecting cruising! No big surprise there!

Archived