Explorer of Seas Cabin 7688 Balcony Pics

Fantastic.......I am in love with this cabin! Made your pic my new screen saver while I wait for my next cruise.

We took our first aft balcony for this next cruise on Princess. It is not a corner, but hope the view is just as amazing.

Thanks for sharing your pics : )

I've read that aft balcony guests are sometimes bothered by the ship's smoke. Was that an issue for you?
Not the ship's smoke, no, but occasional cigar/cigarette smoke smell (not the smoke itself just the smell if that makes sense). Not sure if it was coming down from above balcony, or up 2 decks from crew deck on 5. Very minor nuisance which wouldn't stop me from booking it again. Perhaps 7388 on the starboard side would have less of this issue.

Beautiful pictures! We had the equivalent of this balcony on the Independence in November and will have 7688 on the Navigator next month.

While we did have a major soot problem one night on the IOTS, we didn't have any soot on our NOTS aft balcony last year. I don't know if it's just luck (which way the wind is blowing) or something else (maybe burning garbage indifference to the wind direction???), but the IOTS seems to have a lot more mention of soot in various posts.

Still, IMHO, except for the presidential suite, this is the BEST aft balcony on voyager/freedom class ships!

• 1 month later...

I love your pics! I booked this room (after changing my mind 4 times lol) and now I am sooooo excited! Hubby and I are going on the Valentine's cruise in 2010 which should be right after her drydock so I can't wait to see the renovations also. Thanks again for posting! :)

• 1 month later...
this cabin just opened up for my AOS cruise. Never thought that would happen. I jumped all over it!

thanks to my friend Janice I booked the bookend (#7388). Can't wait until February

• 7 months later...
Beautiful pictures! We had the equivalent of this balcony on the Independence in November and will have 7688 on the Navigator next month.

While we did have a major soot problem one night on the IOTS, we didn't have any soot on our NOTS aft balcony last year. I don't know if it's just luck (which way the wind is blowing) or something else (maybe burning garbage indifference to the wind direction???), but the IOTS seems to have a lot more mention of soot in various posts.

Still, IMHO, except for the presidential suite, this is the BEST aft balcony on voyager/freedom class ships!

I think you are right about the soot. While we never have had that experience I understand that it can happen, but does have something to do with the captain and the shop/wind direction when they blow out soot. If they do it correctly, no problem ever. Still.... I'll take the aft any day.

• 3 years later...