Hal website anomaly?

taxmantoo

We are booked on the April 4, 2009 Eurodam Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale.

When trying to find out how many cabins were left, I went to the HAL website and got a message there were no more cabins :eek:. Yesterday, there were lots in all categories. The sailing before, March 28, and the sailing after, April 11, show lots of availability.

Can someone explain? Please ? The only thing I can think of is that they temporarily closed availability while assigning "guaranteed" cabins before going to the upsell activity. There were lots of cabins left yesterday.

Any ideas?

Not sure why that is happening other than it may be full due to spring break. We are on the sailing before you (March 28) and it shows everything available except penthouse.

We have a guarantee verandah and it has not been assigned yet. So, I think you reasoning may not be correct since the guarantees on our cruise have not been assigned yet.

You mentioned upsell. This is the first time we have done a guaranteed stateroom. Do you mean they may call and try to upsell us to something better? We got a great deal on a verandah and in that category there are only 4 cabins so I was possibly expecting an upgrade, not an upsell.

We'll make sure everything is in tip-top shape before you board on the 4th.

:)

You mentioned upsell. This is the first time we have done a guaranteed stateroom. Do you mean they may call and try to upsell us to something better? We got a great deal on a verandah and in that category there are only 4 cabins so I was possibly expecting an upgrade, not an upsell.

We'll make sure everything is in tip-top shape before you board on the 4th.

:)

You could be offered either. Just make sure there is some beer left on the ship for us !

Sounds as though some of the booking agencies -- sorry can't mention names -- have not been able to sell cabins -- thus those agencies have turned back those cabins to HAL.

If they turned the cabins back to HAL, then there should be lots of cabins available. Their website says there are NONE!

Hi Taxmantoo,

The same thing happened to our April 3rd Statendam Panama Canal Cruise, you should keep watching it daily. It may have been the online wholesalers collecting their guaranteed cabin allocations.

It may have also been that HAL had a flash sale last week. I've use another on line agency to see inventory for my cruise because when you try to book on their site, it will show you a selection of 6 to 8 cabin numbers which are still open/available, rather then just the best available.

Bruce

We are booked on the April 4, 2009 Eurodam Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale.

When trying to find out how many cabins were left, I went to the HAL website and got a message there were no more cabins :eek:. Yesterday, there were lots in all categories. The sailing before, March 28, and the sailing after, April 11, show lots of availability.

Can someone explain? Please ? The only thing I can think of is that they temporarily closed availability while assigning "guaranteed" cabins before going to the upsell activity. There were lots of cabins left yesterday.

Any ideas?

The same thing happened the night before last when I went in to check pricing for my brother. Then yesterday, the cabins were plentiful in verandahs and above. I remember asking my TA about this. She said that the booking system they use does inventory every few nights, and during that time, the availability will be closed down. ;)

It is definitely the reservation system for all cruiselines. I just checked two other cruises that I am tracking for next fall. They are on RCCL and Celebrity. Both say that there is no availability. I know that's not so, because there were plenty of staterooms yesterday, and the cruises are not until October.;)

We are booked on the April 4, 2009 Eurodam Eastern Caribbean . . .

When trying to find out how many cabins were left, I went to the HAL website and got a message there were no more cabins . . .

Can someone explain? Please ?

We booked a GTY for the Ryndam sailing last December. One evening, the website showed no cabins available. A day or two later, we (and others on CC) got our cabin assignments. The HAL website then showed availability of the remaining cabins.

Apparently HAL took all cabins offline while they made assignments.

Woody

Archived