Canada/New England cruise help

Abear2

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a hotel in or near Cape Liberty ( Bayonne) New Jersey. I was looking at the hotels and I saw one that I am interested in but not sure if it's ok. It's in Elizabeth New Jersey which looks like it's close to Newark which is the airport I am flying into. It's the Crowne Plaza Newark. Has anyone stayed here or do you know if that is close enough to the cruise port to stay. Thanks for any information.

• 3 weeks later...

We haven't stayed at the Crown Plaza but it should be close enough to the port if it's in the Airport area. The cab ride to the port will be about $50 pp plus tip one way. The Carlson Country Inn and Suites has a cruise package which includes transportation to and from the port. We have booked this as we also drive in and it lets you keep your car there. We have stayed there twice before and it's safe and clean. It's located on Glimcher Realty drive and they will pick you up at the airport. Very industrial area so nothing very pretty around Newark and Bayonne.

• 2 weeks later...

I past by the CP Newark at the EWR airport all the time when going thru Elizabeth, NJ and it's one of the several airport hotels in the middle of nowhere - it is safe & insulated/shielded from airport noises as inbound/outbound flight paths aren't cross these hotels's path. It is right off the local lane of the busy Rt. 1/9 expressway's southbound heading away from the cruise port - go another 1/4 mile & you can turn around northbound toward the Bayonne pier, which is less than 10 miles away or about 15 minutes car ride. Taxi/car service should be less than $25 plus a toll charge of $2 or so + tips. Closest restaurants are fast food & Hess gas station, etc. that also sell snacks, soda & water, etc. but at least 1/2 mile away - going on foot is not exactly recommended as you will walking along the side of the highway with cars/trucks/airport shuttles, etc. zipping by at 55+ mph next to you.

These hotels, including the CP will live up to its ratings & expectations of corporate business travelers, and do shuttle you free to/from the airport & the PATH train terminal station that will bring you into 2 transfer points in NYC for sightseeing. Their front desk will be able to pre-book a car service or call a yellow taxi to take you to the cruise terminal for your sailing.

There aren't really any 3 stars+ hotels in the nearby Jersey City area that I can think of, close to the Holland Tunnel just outside NYC facing the Hudson River.

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering if anyone can help me with a hotel in or near Cape Liberty ( Bayonne) New Jersey. I was looking at the hotels and I saw one that I am interested in but not sure if it's ok. It's in Elizabeth New Jersey which looks like it's close to Newark which is the airport I am flying into. It's the Crowne Plaza Newark. Has anyone stayed here or do you know if that is close enough to the cruise port to stay. Thanks for any information.

You might want to post this question under the eastern US seaboard site where we have found a treasure trove of information about hotels in the NY and NJ area.

Yes - as Grego says, come to the East Coast Departures board for more information and advice. Let us know your exact date(s), whether you want to go to NYC, how much you want to spend on a hotel, etc. The hotels at the airport are - well.... they're airport hotels, but any three star hotel or better should be more than satifactory. As someone said, the whole area is pretty industrial and, without a car, you are pretty much trapped in your hotel enclave. The only exception to this are the hotels by the Jersey Garden Mall.

Archived