If NCL did kid-free cruises....

veggie59

If NCL offered kid-free cruises, would there be interest?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. If NCL offered kid-free cruises, would there be interest?

• Yes, even though I do have children I enjoy an adults only atmosphere on occassion.
    • Yes, I do not have children but dont want to be concerned with other travelers and their children.
    • No, I only do family vacations so this would not interest me.
    • No, it is a stupid idea so leave things the way they are.

If NCL were to offer kid-free cruises a few times a year....would there be interest for them?

Options:

1. Yes, even though I do have children I enjoy an adults only atmosphere on occassion.

2. Yes, I do not have children and do not want to be concerned about other travelers and their children.

3. No, I only do family vacations so this would not interest me.

4. No, it is a stupid idea so leave things the way they are.

I couldnt seem to get the poll function to work....so this is what I came up with.

The bulk of my NCL cruising has involved longer trips (over 7 nights) and usually when schools are not on vacation. My kids vacation on their own now. Let's just say that if I HAPPENED to book a trip that turned out to be kid free, it would not spoil my day.

Heck Yeah I'd be interested!

Please don't interpret that I'm a "kid hater." Although I've never had any of my own, I love kids.... just not other people's kids.

JUST KIDDING!

I can't say it is stupid, but I probably would not take advantage of this option even though I don't have children. Every year we go to a land-based all-inclusive over Thanksgiving. There are adult-only options but we never choose them. Our feeling is that they tend to attract an older crowd and/or honeymoon couples and as two adult sisters, that is not the atmosphere we enjoy. As often as I have half-joked that I wish some of the restaurants in my home area would have adult-only dining rooms, an adult-only cruise would not appeal to me. But as fin said, if there happened to be no kids, that would be okay too.

Although I consider myself fairly, some would say overly, sensitive to misbehaving kids, I have never felt that way on a cruise so I am a little surprised it is an issue.

I can't say it is stupid, but I probably would not take advantage of this option even though I don't have children. Every year we go to a land-based all-inclusive over Thanksgiving. There are adult-only options but we never choose them. Our feeling is that they tend to attract an older crowd and/or honeymoon couples and as two adult sisters, that is not the atmosphere we enjoy. As often as I have half-joked that I wish some of the restaurants in my home area would have adult-only dining rooms, an adult-only cruise would not appeal to me. But as fin said, if there happened to be no kids, that would be okay too.

Although I consider myself fairly, some would say overly, sensitive to misbehaving kids, I have never felt that way on a cruise so I am a little surprised it is an issue.

Those are your opinions....and that is fine. :) I was just curious if there were people that might like on occassion to be able to cruise without children onboard. We all have our likes and dislikes/wants.....and that is okay. It is what makes the world go round......lol.

Kids free on cruises would be great. I think that would help more young families chose cruising. Maybe it would lower the average age of NCL. Maybe seniors would begin to appreciate young people more. I am all for it. Kids-Free would be great.

If you mean ban kids from certain cruises, where do we go next? Minority free? Religion free? A bad precedent, imo. Ageism is bad. Please break the prejustice.

I think it would be a very good option to offer a couple of times per year. Some lines have themed cruises like rock and roll, Blues, and other things. So an "adults only" cruise wouldn't be out of line either.

I assume they would all be doing it if there were demand.

there are many cruise lines that discourage children by the prices. You are free to go on those cruises. I never have been bothered by children...now teenagers are another story and what most people are talking about....here anyway.

Those are your opinions....and that is fine. :) .

Glad it's find because I thought that was what you asked for. Sorry if I misinterpreted your poll. It sounds as though I might have offended you and that is far from my intention. I actually thought you might like to know that while I would not take advantage, I did NOT think it was a stupid idea so I could not pick your option #4.

Glad it's find because I thought that was what you asked for. Sorry if I misinterpreted your poll. It sounds as though I might have offended you and that is far from my intention. I actually thought you might like to know that while I would not take advantage, I did NOT think it was a stupid idea so I could not pick your option #4.

There are no issues here. It is just a poll......no ill intent. You did not offend me. :)

Kids free on cruises would be great. I think that would help more young families chose cruising. Maybe it would lower the average age of NCL. Maybe seniors would begin to appreciate young people more. I am all for it. Kids-Free would be great.

If you mean ban kids from certain cruises, where do we go next? Minority free? Religion free? A bad precedent, imo. Ageism is bad. Please break the prejustice.

No....it was whether there would be interest in adults only cruises a few times a year. Not remove kids from all cruises.,,,,just the option for those interested.

No....it was whether there would be iterest in adults only cruises a few times a year. Not remove kids from all cruises.,,,,just the option for those interested.

Looks like your innocent poll may be heading South. Oh well, what's a day on CC without some arguing?

I wonder if you would have been better off with just 2 options? (Yes or no.)

Looks like your innocent poll may be heading South. Oh well, what's a day on CC without some arguing?

I wonder if you would have been better off with just 2 options? (Yes or no.)

Lol.....maybe.....I also meant to put in an age of say.....21 to sail....then there are no under age issues at the same time. It is just a poll. :)

Are you not aware that there are already plenty of adult-only vacation options?!?! Not to mention all sorts of public venues. I have never heard of it being referred to as any sort of prejudice. And you can't call it precedent since it is already quite common.

While I think the term stupid is a bit harsh, that is how I voted. The only reason I did is that I think it would be a poor business decision on NCL's part. If I was planning a vacation and had done all my research then decided to book the cruise only to find out that it was the "restricted" cruise that I was looking at, I would be very much turned off NCL.

Like others have said there, there are many off peak and/or longer cruises that attract few kids, if you are looking for a "kid free" cruise.

I do feel bad for those who can only book during the time where there are a lot of kids on board but from a business sense, it wouldn't make sense to make those times kid free.

No children; nobody over 60; nobody under 40; no bingo; no smoking; no hairy chest contests; no ugly people; no fat people; no skinny people; nobody who is just the right weight. :D

:D LOL. Don't forget all the people AHEAD of me in any line. The people BEHIND me are welcome. :cool: And that includes anyone using an elevator when I want one.

A few years ago, ex-husband and I went on a vacation to Cancun.... the resort had 2 hotels... one "family" hotel, and one "adults" hotel.

As it was our first vacation without our daughter, we thought the "adult" option would be nice.

Omygod... it gave a whole new meaning to our concept of "adult" !!

People marching around naked.... making out in the pools....

More people drunk than sober!!!:eek::eek::eek:

After 2 days we moved to the "family" hotel!!!

Suddenly..... I loved the "family" concept!! :D

A few years ago, ex-husband and I went on a vacation to Cancun.... the resort had 2 hotels... one "family" hotel, and one "adults" hotel.

As it was our first vacation without our daughter, we thought the "adult" option would be nice.

Omygod... it gave a whole new meaning to our concept of "adult" !!

People marching around naked.... making out in the pools....

More people drunk than sober!!!:eek::eek::eek:

After 2 days we moved to the "family" hotel!!!

Suddenly..... I loved the "family" concept!! :D

That was my first thought too when I read the poll. My children are adults now, so it wouldn't affect my 'family' vacation. I am not really bothered my other people's children, just glad I'm no longer the one who has to deal with it! (I work with preschoolers & love it, but I am really good at tuning out crying!:D)

But I think the advertising of an "adult only" cruise would attract a much rowdier crowd than I would care to be with. I don't drink much, and though I don't mind that others do, it seems like it might end up all party all week and interfere with my choices more than the kids would. I wouldn't care if they have them, but I would avoid them like the plague!

I voted-

"Yes, I do not have children but don't want to be concerned with other travelers and their children."

While we've never had a problem with children on any of our cruises, and even get a kick watching the younger ones having fun dancing or playing in the water, there are a few times a year when I'd like to travel - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years - but won't do it because of the huge number of young people on ships during those times.

So one ship a year doing at least one of the holidays child-free would be nice.

Archived