Drinking age on Haiti?

I know the drinking age on RCI ships is 21. But when passengers get off the ship in Mexico or whereever, the drinking age may be different.

What is the drinking age on Haiti, and would that apply to Labadee as well?

I question if any of the islands even have a drinking age. It sure flows freely. They sell Corona right on the street in Cozumel. I know this because the guys in our group were real excited about the $1 a bottle price.

Since Labadee is a private beach controlled by RCCL and all booze served at the RCCL beach area is provided by RCCL and paid for with your sea pass card, 21 will be the age.

Interesting, and I almost suspected that. But it DOES beg the question, can any bar (in the US or elsewhere) restrict, based on age, who they will and will not serve, despite what the legal drinking age is?

Interesting, and I almost suspected that. But it DOES beg the question, can any bar (in the US or elsewhere) restrict, based on age, who they will and will not serve, despite what the legal drinking age is?

Former bartender here....In FL, all bars have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason....this way they can cut off anyone at anytime, enforce a last call at any time, or refuse to serve a pregnant mother, even if she was choosing to drink. After all, it is the business' liqour license and possible jail time if they serve the wrong person on the wrong day.

Former bartender here....In FL, all bars have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason....this way they can cut off anyone at anytime, enforce a last call at any time, or refuse to serve a pregnant mother, even if she was choosing to drink. After all, it is the business' liqour license and possible jail time if they serve the wrong person on the wrong day.

That makes sense. Thanks.

It is the same here in Massachusetts. We do not have to serve anyone

Does anyone know the age in Mexico? I'm WAY past any cut-off but it made me wonder

I do not know the answer, but it made me think of someone's comment to me a couple years ago: "Mexico does not have a drinking age...it's more of a drinking 'height'...if you are tall enough to see over the bar, they will serve you!"

Does anyone know the age in Mexico? I'm WAY past any cut-off but it made me wonder

Technically it is 18, but I spent a year in Guadalajara when I was 12 and can tell you than if you can reach the bar, they will serve you. On Navigator last year our 13 year old niece snuck off and got a Margarita in Cozumel, I thought it was funny, but my sis n law was not very happy.

Archived