Royal Champions

Admin

This is clearly oblique to the thread but these practices are under considerable scrutiny these days and these practices have brought down several very well known and brilliant people over the past few years. Med schools overall no longer allow this kind of thing or require full transparency. It is called a conflict of interest and the reason it is not allowed is because surprise: the prescribing habits of doctors get swayed. And the patient is no longer the only focus of treatment. And please don't say that wasn't why it was being done- of course it is.

I thought it was because lobbying and perks were being confined to Washington.

This is clearly oblique to the thread but these practices are under considerable scrutiny these days and these practices have brought down several very well known and brilliant people over the past few years. Med schools overall no longer allow this kind of thing or require full transparency. It is called a conflict of interest and the reason it is not allowed is because surprise: the prescribing habits of doctors get swayed. And the patient is no longer the only focus of treatment. And please don't say that wasn't why it was being done- of course it is.

This is way off topic so I apologize, but I must interject. Give your physician a little credit to have his or her own mind to help you or other patients make decisions. I can assure you drug companies don't tell MDs (or persuade them) on how to practice medicine by leaving a few measly free samples, free lunches or anything else!

I have to agree with other posters. This topic should be put to bed. It is what it is. I am going to continue to read, post, ask for, and give advice on CC.

I just can't find the grand conspiracy here.

You're right, because there is none. These are just argumentative, bored people who have nothing better to concentrate on then to keep on making trouble when things have been laid out umpteen times. :rolleyes:

That is funny Brad. But I still don't understand the thinking behind most of those posts!:D

Then I'm certainly wondering what club they're running over at NCL. Everything taken away or converted to a new charge is applauded by those posters and greeted with acceptance and pure joy. :confused:

:

Originally Posted by glgolfer viewpost.gif

We attended a reception on the Liberty. Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and Alice Norsworthy were there. I believe Alice was in charge of the loyalty program. I might be wrong, but that's how much I paid attention. Nobody told me there was an out agency involved. Until all this started, I thought RCI's own marketing division had done the selection. I didn't talk to anyone except to say hello. Nobody ever told me it was an ongoing "program". I think we were all surprised when we got invited to New York. Nobody's told me how or what to post.

Just to add a little levity to the proceedings, if RCI invites us to many more "free" events, we might have to file bankruptcy/

Ocean Boy: Same here.

We all thought that too when you guys came home from there. You all posted that RCCL called you their "Royal Champions." I never gave it a second thought when I was selected a year and a half later. Why? Because I was supposed to be in the first group with all of you and I could not go. So I figured I got a second chance. FROM RCCL.

[/i]

We all thought that too when you guys came home from there. You all posted that RCCL called you their "Royal Champions." I never gave it a second thought when I was selected a year and a half later. Why? Because I was supposed to be in the first group with all of you and I could not go. So I figured I got a second chance.

Alexis, I was in the second group with you. I never even realized anything about the first group of R.C.s, or even noticed their signatures, until we had all of the dicussions when our group recieved e-mails.

Then I'm certainly wondering what club they're running over at NCL. Everything taken away or converted to a new charge is applauded by those posters and greeted with acceptance and pure joy. :confused:

That is interesting, and funny, to read. I never really spend any time on that board as I don't presently have any interest or future plans for sailing NCL.

Jealous lol lol

Let me set the record straight - good luck to the Champs get as much out of RCCL as you can !!

Not once have i criticise Champs for their perks or even being picked by RCCL.

My Beef is the underhanded way it was done and the fact that their are number of members who's views might unduly influence new members.

Its a bit like going for indepented financial advice and finding the person giving you it isn't impartial !!

All i ask for is Transpency - highlight the Champs avatar or something !!

jj.......

I just can't find the grand conspiracy here.

jc - thank you a hundred times for all the laughs.

RC's - or really anyone who does a RCCL survey - please tell them how badly The Nation of Why Not campaign stinks. Or if you don't think it stinks - just say "wolfgang" says it stinks. :D If they hear it enough, maybe they'll fix it. I know "Get Out There" would be a tough act to follow but seriously - that new campaign is killing me.....

And to think that some folks have posted on this thread about how smart marketers and advertizers are and that they are so cleaver at getting into our heads and modifying our thought processes!!

That campagne blows the "intellegence theory" out of the water!:D:D

howdy neighbor, in CT here!!

Ocean I have read all of your posts and I understand you are frustrated, I disagree with anyone personally attacking the RC's, I have no problem with the RC's,imo more power to ya, I hold no jealously or ill feelings toward any individual here, the RC's are not responsible for causing this commotion

BUT=

The problem I have is I never knew that cruise critic was involved with RCCl to this extent, I never saw it posted that they were working with RCCL behind the scenes per say, moving forward now that most of us know this I would say that it should be made clear so new members will understand what this program is all about, the little Royal champion siggys dont cut it, (obviously)but I also am not entirely sure what they should say.

The RC's also have to look at this from our perspective and try an understand that for most of us we are not mad about free cruises or the little perks etc. It is the deceit that some of us feel from CC. its pretty hard to swallow

^5

You have no idea how many other Cruise Critics were on board the same ship, at the same time, as these original 48? Royal champions were. Not just from the RCCL pages and boards.

If there were 48? Royal champions, there were thousands of other people.

Where do you think they come from?

Cruise Critic is only a small percentage of the cruising public. We are a fraction of the people who cruise.

Does any one of you ever stop and think how many Cruise Critic people are invited on a new ship for a pre-inaugural cruise?

Who do you think the cruise lines fill their new ships with, if not their loyal followers, best customers and Travel Agents?

Not just RCCL, but every cruise line on here fills their new ships with the people who sail with them or write about them on websites like these. Publicity is the key to good business.

I am not defending the article we have all just seen for the first time, but if you think that RCCL is the only line who puts people on a ship for a 2 night cruise? You are all sticking your heads in the sand.

Every free drink you take on board a ship at a welcome back party or a Meet and Mingle is payola! They all treat you well to get you back on their ships. And how many of you are going to turn down a free drink or two?

Jealous lol lol

Let me set the record straight - good luck to the Champs get as much out of RCCL as you can !!

My Beef is the underhanded way it was done and the fact that their are number of members who's views might unduly influence new members.

Its a bit like going for indepented financial advice and finding the person giving you it isn't impartial !!

jj.......

No you just say that their posts have been bought and paid for and therefore their credibility is less than yours.

All I ask is for you to tell me how a financial advisor and anonymous posters on the internet, are even somewhat similar?

What part of anonymous do you not understand?

Anyone here could put Royal Champion in their signature right now. Including you. Does it change anything?

Do you realize some of these posters at CC could be 45 years old, male, and sitting in their mother's basement in their underwear drinking a beer and pretending to be a 12 year girl?

How can this be so confusing to you?

So in the meantime continue the lol while acusing CC, RCI and members of unethical behavior due to a lack of transparency.... Good grief. lol just doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean.:rolleyes:

I think we need another kind of highlight on certain posters, just so the rest of us know exactly what we are dealing with. :D There has been a lot of self-identification here... I hope others are taking mental notes.;)

jc

The solution is plain and simple, I am amazed no one has mentioned it yet.

Everyone, fire up your ipod, your computer mp3 player, or whatever else you have, and throw in Jimmy Buffet's "Changes in Latitudes". Then, go book your next cruise.

It's impossible to be angry about ANYTHING after that.

Geez, I'm a freaking genius. :p

I agree :p

Somebody buy this man a Tim Hortons Coffee.

(in re-usable cup) ;)

Ok, fine, I will lead the song.. Let's jump right to the chorus

"It's those changes in latittudes

Changes in attitudes,

Nothin' remains quite the same.

With all of our cunning,

And all of our running,

If we couldn't laugh,

We'd all go insane...

See? We're all holding hands and singing now.. that's the way. :D

I agree :p

Somebody buy this man a Tim Hortons Coffee.

(in re-usable cup) ;)

Oh, come on now! This is "Roll up the Rim to Win" season.. forget the reusable cups! :D Although, all my hot chocolate cups all say "try again" :mad:

You have no idea how many other Cruise Critics were on board the same ship, at the same time, as these original 48? Royal champions were. Not just from the RCCL pages and boards.

If there were 48? Royal champions, there were thousands of other people.

Where do you think they come from?

Cruise Critic is only a small percentage of the cruising public. We are a fraction of the people who cruise.

Does any one of you ever stop and think how many Cruise Critic people are invited on a new ship for a pre-inaugural cruise?

Who do you think the cruise lines fill their new ships with, if not their loyal followers, best customers and Travel Agents?

Not just RCCL, but every cruise line on here fills their new ships with the people who sail with them or write about them on websites like these. Publicity is the key to good business.

I am not defending the article we have all just seen for the first time, but if you think that RCCL is the only line who puts people on a ship for a 2 night cruise? You are all sticking your heads in the sand.

Every free drink you take on board a ship at a welcome back party or a Meet and Mingle is payola! They all treat you well to get you back on their ships. And how many of you are going to turn down a free drink or two?

What is even more interesting is how many times do you read a response to some complaint that someone has posted and it goes something like.... "Write whatever you want on these boards they are used by such a small percentage of the cruising population that it make do difference to the cruise lines what you write here."

Now, all of a sudden, 75 or so people, who are a very small percentage of the people posting and reading these boards (who are very small percentage of the cruising population) have some major influence over the market.

J.C. you are right, this is halarious.:rolleyes:

Ok, fine, I will lead the song.. Let's jump right to the chorus

"It's those changes in latittudes

Changes in attitudes,

Nothin' remains quite the same.

With all of our cunning,

And all of our running,

If we couldn't laugh,

We'd all go insane...

See? We're all holding hands and singing now.. that's the way. :D

Actually Todd, it might take "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" and a gin and tonic to get the hand holding going....

Now, all of a sudden, 75 or so people, who are a very small percentage of the people posting and reading these boards (who are very small percentage of the cruising population) have some major influence over the market

What is more amazing is, CC has 422,647 members and the thought that 75(or whatever) RCs could influence soooo many people to cruise with RCCL, is ridiculous :rolleyes:

jc - let me try and explain it for you

All I ask is for you to tell me how a financial advisor and anonymous posters on the internet, are even somewhat similar?

They've gone from being anonymous to being picked to take part in a marketing ploy by RCCL - can't you see that ??

So whether they like or not their posts aren't seen anymore as impartial - thats not my fault - i believe RCCL have let them down and didn't explain to them what they were getting into.

jj.....

What is more amazing is, CC has 422,647 members and the thought that 75(or whatever) RCs could influence soooo many people to cruise with RCCL, is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Actually , a fairer analogy would be how many posts of "the 75" represent the current postings on the board. Of your above bolded number, how many are active posters on the RCCL boards?

PETE <=== who is siding with Switzerland on this one.

Alexis, I was in the second group with you. I never even realized anything about the first group of R.C.s, or even noticed their signatures, until we had all of the dicussions when our group recieved e-mails.

I was very aware of them because I was invited on the Liberty pre-inaugural and could not go as I was moving back to Nevada. I was really so upset to get an invite and not be able to go. I could have gone out on the NY one as I was living there at the time.

My call for the invite came from RCCL. The phone number said RCCL.

Then the Roll Call for the Liberty came up on here and I chatted on there for a bit with the ones going and told them have fun but I can't go.

When they came back from the trip, they said RCCL called/named them the RCCL "Royal Champions" so that is how the name began.

One of the members came up "Charter Member Royal Champions."

And that is how it began. ;)

As you can see, I am not known for writing 1 word postings.

This is way off topic so I apologize, but I must interject. Give your physician a little credit to have his or her own mind to help you or other patients make decisions. I can assure you drug companies don't tell MDs (or persuade them) on how to practice medicine by leaving a few measly free samples, free lunches or anything else!

I have to agree with other posters. This topic should be put to bed. It is what it is. I am going to continue to read, post, ask for, and give advice on CC.

Sorry but I am not speaking as a patient. And if you want to see the results of some of this, google it. It has become a VERY major problem.

thanks, happyks

One RC said they felt they were more like a focus group, then we got Heyden spelling out some other activities along those lines, so I wanted to know if people were invited to actually give unput to the company.

Jealous lol lol

Its a bit like going for indepented financial advice and finding the person giving you it isn't impartial !![/b]

jj.......

These quote lines contradict themselves.:confused:

My Royal Champion has been in my signature since day 1.

My Mouse stays where it is. All by itself. If you don't want my advice, don't read me, or put me on ignore.

Maybe some on here want to change theirs avatars, coxswain, ;) but not me.

Archived