Help needed

bossmum1

Morning all i need some help please saw this dress on Ebay is the dress too young for a 55 yr old its full length would it do for a formal night i am looking for something differant. I have 2 sets of pantsuits for two formal nights but i would like a dress also. Please can anyone advice me

Chrissy

bce5_1.jpg.e5fd20ec3340465f95dc4cbf0b07de6f.jpg

As long as your are fairly "firm" in your arms and upper body, it's not too "young"! Fit is the best indicator of what will look good on you! I'm 54, and I'd wear it, if it had straps (it looks strappless), since I don't have enough to hold it up!!!!!

As long as your are fairly "firm" in your arms and upper body, it's not too "young"! Fit is the best indicator of what will look good on you! I'm 54, and I'd wear it, if it had straps (it looks strappless), since I don't have enough to hold it up!!!!!

Hi thankyou it is strapless i too not much uptop but i figured the long belt could be shortened a little and straps added as it will need altered anyway and not by me, i was back of the queue when busts where given out.

Don't limit yourself to Ebay. There are plenty of retailers out there with great deals...ones that you can easily make a return if the item doesn't fit.

But, I think that dress looks too young for a woman over 25, just because someone fits into a certain size doesn't make it appropriate. It looks like something from the Juniors department. Take some more time, search more venues and even go shopping in person to a real store. Don't make a purchase no matter how cheap unless it is something you love. Even a $10 dress (plus shipping) is a waste of money if you buy an item that has no use for you.

Everyone deserves to look beautiful, no matter their age. When I see a woman wearing a dress that is not suitable for her age it just looks to me like she is struggling too hard to be someone she is not.

Does this dress go to the floor? If it does, I definitly think it's a little too young for you. I'm 23 and if it's a full length dress, I would think it's even too young for me and very "prom-dress" like.

If it's tea-length, I think it may possibly work with a nice black cardigan and a chunky silver & onyx necklace.

HI i decided against buying the dress. IT was truly a nice dress head ruled heart and after much deliberating i gave it a miss. dont want to feel mutton dressed as lamb. i am still looking for a dress any ideas wont come amiss girls.

Thank you for the advice.

Archived