Disney names two new ships

jmf123

Thanks for posting the names of the Disney ships on RCCl board :). Now the 6M$ question is where are they going? Alaska? Any word on that?

Disney signed a 15 year contract with Port Canaveral, I know one of the ships is coming here, I'm not sure about the other.

As far as posting on the RC thread, it looks like many of us are interested in this information. I don't usually frequent the other threads but do read info if it falls on this thread.

Cute' date=' but not very original:

1. Carnival Dream

2. Carnival Fantasy

With so many words in the English language...................why?[/quote']

I can't think of another ship on the sea with the name Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy!;) Well done, Imagineers! And add me to those who are thanking the OP for posting this info for the board. With two RC cruises booked, even though we aren't spending any time on the other boards right now, we still love to read those occasional quick posts about other lines.:)

How about the Disney "E Ticket" ?

(You have to be a long-time Disney visitor to appreciate that one.)

Disney's Pirates of the Not-Royal-Caribbean?

The Disney Dumbo?

The Disney Not-So-Little Mermaid?

(PS - If anyone from Disney is out there, I am volunteering to become a Charter Memeber of the Disney Champions. Just drop me a line -- I'm easy)

How about the Disney "E Ticket" ?

(You have to be a long-time Disney visitor to appreciate that one.)

Disney's Pirates of the Not-Royal-Caribbean?

The Disney Dumbo?

The Disney Not-So-Little Mermaid?

(PS - If anyone from Disney is out there, I am volunteering to become a Charter Memeber of the Disney Champions. Just drop me a line -- I'm easy)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Disney Fast Pass? ;):D

Why are you asking the OP this question,.... they did not name the ships !:confused: Perhaps to voice your concerns with Disney if you are that bothered by it :rolleyes:

Oh, get a grip....

Did I say I was concerned? I could give a rats behind what they call their ships....only commenting - like everyone else.:cool:

And add me to those who are thanking the OP for posting this info for the board. With two RC cruises booked, even though we aren't spending any time on the other boards right now, we still love to read those occasional quick posts about other lines.:)

Thank you all for the thanks...the above is exactly why I posted. In fact I was delighted to have Michele (crusinmama06) respond first, as she and her lovely family were CC's I had in mind who would be interested in this news. As cruisers, I think most of us take at least a little interest in what's going on with other cruiselines. And if a member doesn't care what Disney named its ships, then they don't have to click on this thread. ;)

I would have voted for Disney Wishes or Fantasia, and KMagz certainly came up with some funny ones- Disney E-Ticket, haha! Hey, how about Disney World?! :o

The home ports and itineraries haven't been disclosed as far as I know, but the ships will be larger than the Magic and Wonder, and with more decks. The number of staterooms will increase from 877 to 1,250 and the tonnage of the ships increases from 88,000 to 122,000.

And as I said previously, they have to be better looking than the new Norwegian ship coming out! I too love the classic lines of Disney's ships.

Disney signed a 15 year contract with Port Canaveral, I know one of the ships is coming here, I'm not sure about the other.

As far as posting on the RC thread, it looks like many of us are interested in this information. I don't usually frequent the other threads but do read info if it falls on this thread.

I would guess one of the new ones and one of the old ones will stay in PC(maybe the older doing 3 and 4 nights on a week and the newer doing 7 night Caribbean cruises)....I'd say the other big one would stay in Europe for Med and Baltic cruises since Europe is becomming a famous area for cruises....and the second older ship I'd say is going to be out of LA(as I've already heard) for Mexican, Hawaiian, and even Alaskan cruises....well that's what I think:rolleyes::):cool:

In fact I was delighted to have Michele (crusinmama06) respond first, as she and her lovely family were CC's I had in mind who would be interested in this news. As cruisers, I think most of us take at least a little interest in what's going on with other cruiselines. And if a member doesn't care what Disney named its ships, then they don't have to click on this thread. ;)

Awwww thanks. :o:D:D:D

And you're right, we wouldn't be at cruise critic if we all didn't have an obsession with ALL things cruising. :D

Thanks for posting the names of the Disney ships on RCCl board :). Now the 6M$ question is where are they going? Alaska? Any word on that?

Disney applied for a ten year permit to cruise Glacier Bay beginning in 2010, but withdrew the application for some reason. I think the spokesperson said they wanted to concentrate on the Caribbean. Too bad, I wish they would put a ship in Alaska.

Disney applied for a ten year permit to cruise Glacier Bay beginning in 2010, but withdrew the application for some reason. I think the spokesperson said they wanted to concentrate on the Caribbean. Too bad, I wish they would put a ship in Alaska.

DARN!! That would have been great if Disney did Alaska cruises. Oh well.

I would guess one of the new ones and one of the old ones will stay in PC(maybe the older doing 3 and 4 nights on a week and the newer doing 7 night Caribbean cruises)....I'd say the other big one would stay in Europe for Med and Baltic cruises since Europe is becomming a famous area for cruises....and the second older ship I'd say is going to be out of LA(as I've already heard) for Mexican, Hawaiian, and even Alaskan cruises....well that's what I think:rolleyes::):cool:

Ill have to find the exact article, but Disney has signed a multiple year contract concerning the new ships. In order for Disney to have PC do the lions share of the building, Disney has agreed to have both of the new ships homeported at PC. One of the older ships is likely heading to the west coast, poss. either LA or San Diego I believe was mentioned. Things will prob change with regards t othe older of the ships, but for the time being, the new ones are tethered to PC.

Oh and btw, this thread I think got moved to the DCL board.(or got linked to DCL) Thats where I found it this evening.

I combined all of the new ship name threads, all five of them to tidy things up a bit.

Archived