Cabin question on Serenade

We just booked the Serenade for next year and have never been on this class ship before, can anyone tell me about D1 stateroom 1604? We love the aft cabins on the bigger ships, but I would love to hear feedback for this ship. Thanks so much.:):):)

We just booked the Serenade for next year and have never been on this class ship before, can anyone tell me about D1 stateroom 1604? We love the aft cabins on the bigger ships, but I would love to hear feedback for this ship. Thanks so much.:):):)

I have stayed in this cabin on Jewel of the Seas same class ship as Serenade. Aft cabins on the Radiance class are large and have a great view of the wake of the ship. The view on aft on this class is preferrable to the aft deck 10 on Voyager class in my opinion. You have an awesome cabin. I am actually booked into this cabin on the April 17/10 sailing of Serenade

Here are some photos of this cabin' aft balcony on Jewel of the Seas

1341409162026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

1341410744026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

We have sailed on the Jewel and the Brilliance in D1 Aft Cabins 9256 and 7172 (photos in the link below). Among our favourite features of the Radiance class of ships is the outside eating area of the Windjammer; the glass elevators facing the ocean; the brightness of the ships due to all the windows and the lovely staircase in the Centrum. Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy:)

Thanks for the pics Emmy, now I am really excited! It's hard to book a room on a ship your not familiar with, but I think we made a good choice. Thanks!

Sandy:)

You are welcome :) Check out the Seaview Cafe for lunch. Agree with kathy about the outside eating area for Windjammer and the atrium area. The glass elevators looking out to the sea are very special and a great photo op.

So some one must have guided you to the aft cabins? The hump cabins on this class of ship are great as well with lots of space.

Does anyone have any of the stateroom pictures for this room? The balcony looks great. We're used to staying in the corner aft on Voyager class, and the balcony is not the best of balconies! But we love the room size. Thanks:)

Does anyone have any of the stateroom pictures for this room? The balcony looks great. We're used to staying in the corner aft on Voyager class, and the balcony is not the best of balconies! But we love the room size. Thanks:)

Of course I have photos of the cabin itself. :) Check out the link below and the photos are on page 1. This of course were photos from 2005 prior to RCI changing the bedding in the cabins. This is a D1 cabin.

hey excuse the mess of the room :)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/341376666MHLeDr

here is a view of the aft of a Radiance class ship. The first photo was taken from the Windjammer area looking down onto cabin 1604

1342364654026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

The second photo is taken from the 1604 aft balcony looking down. You can see that the aft on Radiance class is almost straight down to the water unlike the Voyager and Freedom class with metal structure that obstructs somewhat.

1342366014026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

Sorry to interupt, I am new to cruise lingo, can you tell me what AFT cabons means?:confused:

The 'aft' cabins are the cabins located at the very back of the ship that look out to the wake of the ship.

Here is an example from a Voyager class ship

1344087540026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

The 'aft' cabins are the cabins located at the very back of the ship that look out to the wake of the ship.

Here is an example from a Voyager class ship

1344087540026399388S500x500Q85.jpg

oK, Thanks. :)

I have booked a E1 on Brilliance, any ideas what size balcony I will have?

And are they pretty good rooms?

oK, Thanks. :)

I have booked a E1 on Brilliance, any ideas what size balcony I will have?

And are they pretty good rooms?

First welcome to the world of cruising. I see by your signature that you will be taking your first cruise...congrats to that :)

Now depends where that E1 category cabin is. I am going to throw out a new word at you....some of the E1's are located on the 'hump' or 'bump out' on the Brilliance. These cabins (some of them) have larger balconies on this area of the ship. The are on deck 8 and deck 7. Examples are cabin 8088 or 8085 or 8602 or 8604. You can see that the balcony space looks larger than the other E1's. Take a look at a deck plan.

This area is located mid ship where the structure 'bumps' out a bit.

First welcome to the world of cruising. I see by your signature that you will be taking your first cruise...congrats to that :)

Now depends where that E1 category cabin is. I am going to throw out a new word at you....some of the E1's are located on the 'hump' or 'bump out' on the Brilliance. These cabins (some of them) have larger balconies on this area of the ship. The are on deck 8 and deck 7. Examples are cabin 8088 or 8085 or 8602 or 8604. You can see that the balcony space looks larger than the other E1's. Take a look at a deck plan.

This area is located mid ship where the structure 'bumps' out a bit.

Thank you.

Ok, well I didnt choose any of those, LOL, Wished I had seen this site before booking, I have room 9014, it looked in a good position, not too near elavators etc. :)

Archived