Pool ?

Luke gs Daddy

If the cruise is Western Caribbean I'm going to say no. For the Canadian cruises I'm pretty positive they heat the pools but I can't see why the pools would be heated for a Caribbean cruise. Hot tubs are heated though!

I don't think any of the pools are heated. I called the Carnival and asked if the Dream's pools were heated for the Trans-Atlantic and they said no if it's too cold they just close them...shouldn't have that problem in the Caribbean :p

Are the pools heated on the Carnival fleet ? Ship in question is the Dream.

Western Caribbean 2/20/10

Thanks.

Hi, we were on the Carnival Spirit in Nov. Mexico. The pools were not heated, but they were not cold the day I used them either,

I was trying to cool off and they were just right for what I needed.

There were many people in them too the whole time, so they must have been at a good temp.

Now the hot tub is a different story, what is up with having the hot water and cold water shooting up under your butt?

I had to sit on my hands, the hot was too hot, and the cold was cold.

The tub of water in general was just right, but you couldn't just sit there and enjoy it,

because you butt, was being burned in little pin point spots, well in my case my hands LOL.

Is the salt water from the sea? I ask because my home pool is also salt water but would be far less salty than sea water. If its just a salt system, I'm good with that.

The pools are drained every night and refilled right out of the ocean.

We just got off the Pride to Mexico. The pools were salt water as described and indredibly cold, except for the 3rd or 4th day, when it was tolerable.

Even the kids couldn't swim in them, so they ended up in the hot tub, using it more like a pool.

I was told that they cant heat the salt water as it crystallizes, dont know if true of not

We heat our salt water pool to 83-84, no problem with crystals. We do have a problem keeping the local wildlife out including one of our cats who thinks it's his personal bathtub.

I don't think any of the pools are heated. I called the Carnival and asked if the Dream's pools were heated for the Trans-Atlantic and they said no if it's too cold they just close them...shouldn't have that problem in the Caribbean :p

I am on the Dream T/A roll call. Why not come and join us. We have a lively bunch chatting away there!

The pools are drained every night and refilled right out of the ocean.

Well, not "right" out of the ocean. They do filter the water so it's very clear.

And, Princess uses fresh water in their pools.

We heat our salt water pool to 83-84, no problem with crystals. We do have a problem keeping the local wildlife out including one of our cats who thinks it's his personal bathtub.

Salt water pools at home are different than taking salt water from the ocean. The salt in home pools really is just converted into chlorine from the sodium chloride. It's just a different way of adding chlorine.

The Carnival website says that the pools are filtered seawater and filled each day. It does not say they are heated and as stated in other posts, heating a pool fast is not an easy task. Most people heat their pool to the low 80s anyhow, and in the Caribbean that is a usual water temp so it should be fine. As far as heating and crystals, the heating probably doesn't cause crystalization, but the normal scale from salt water could wreak havoc on a heating system.

Archived