Slinkie & Grumpy Live from Prinsendam Mar 09

Grumpy1

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Cooper: What's the name/brand of the camera you used for the pictures you posted. they're so crystal clear.[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='KathieKata'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Cooper: What's the name/brand of the camera you used for the pictures you posted. they're so crystal clear.[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Wish I could take credit for all of them but they're not mine, Ma'am! Besides, I wish I was in Tenerife, weekend before last!;) The best picture takers I've seen on this here board are HawgwildTerry, Rev Neal and the gent who lives in San Diego whose name/handle I just forgot:o Oh, and Nathan takes pretty good ones also. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line from those pros[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Grumpy's Sis checking in. Since I have the itinerary in front of me, I see they are in the shore intensive portion until 9 April. Only one sea day since 24 March. So I can understand the lack of posts. Grumpy1 does have a good memory, though, so I suspect we'll get caught up soon.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Talked with our Bro tonight. He asked if you had a thread going, and I told him I had been so busy that I hadn't looked. So, glad I found it! Diane is happy (Michigan State won), Kathleen is sad (Connecticut lost). You all did know the Final Four is going on, didn't you? We had half an inch of rain last night ... maybe the dry season is on the way out.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Good to see the CC regulars checking in, too. Looking forward to more updates.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Grumpy and Slinkie - Glad to read your "live from" and see the cruise is going so well. Wish I were there. Although we did just get back from Hong Kong after a cruise from LA on my second favorite ship.
I didn't tell you my favorite thing about the walker - if you sit in it facing away from the way you're going, you can get a fairly fast seated "walk" (on a flat, smooth surface) just using one foot to push you. Of course, Slinkie will have to tell you where to steer.
Delighted you have Captain Gundersen - couldn't do better. Nancy

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]Hey Grumpy,[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]I am missing your posts......what is more important US or galavanting around the beautiful ocean and ports of call..:)...oh well I am sure you will come back to us with a full and extensive posting.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]We are off to your neck of the woods on the 22nd April...long flight from Sydney - LA - Dallas - Orlando......then after that we drive to FL....[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]I think we may cross paths somewhere mid atlantic....send me your co-ordinates..:).....[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]all the best,[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]Cristiano.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I know it's been a busy 2 weeks, based on the itinerary, a lack of postings from Grumpy and a lack of e-mails from hostess Lucy! Grumpy, when you see Lucy, give her a hug and tell her to remember "who you are and Whose you are!"

Take care!

Dear Grumpy

Love to follow your travels. Especially on this cruise as we are booked on the 2010 version!

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sorry to hear about your fall but gald that you are on the mend and that it did not interfere with your cruise.

Ann
Alas BCHappyGal

Christano: WOW.....that's one LONG FLIGHT to get to Florida. By the way , when you land in Orlando you WILL BE IN FLORIDA!! :D
Where are you driving to from Orlando?? Hope you're staying for a long time to make it worth the long flight!! Also, hope you have great weather while here in the USA!!:D Welcome! And watch your valuables.......sometimes they can grow feet and disapear!!;)

Oh Grumpy
WHERE ARE YOU!
We miss you....

Just hope you are not having any problems and that we are missing you because you are having TOO MUCH FUN to worry about us poor landlocked CC'ers who anxiously awit your next communication so that we can live the cruise thru you!!!!

Ann

[quote name='Fairport']The Prinsendam is now in the Atlantic west of the Azores. Hope Grumpy sends a final post before the cruise ends.[/quote]

And I hope he's OK. This silence is not characteristic of him. Hope all is well with you, Grumpy and Slinkie!

[quote name='Fairport']The Prinsendam is now in the Atlantic west of the Azores. Hope Grumpy sends a final post before the cruise ends.[/quote]
I hope he sends another post. He still has 9days before arrival in FLL. I have this marked on my calendar. I board the Prinsendam that day.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]This one was taken four days ago, on 17 APR 09, in Lisbon, Portugal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/"http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/881500/Ship+Photo+Prinsendam.JPG""][IMG]http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/thumbs/rw/881500_800/Ship+Photo+Prinsendam.JPG[/IMG][/URL]

There is a fellow onboard this cruise from Sebring Florida, named Bill. When he is standing he looks like he's over 6ft tall. He will have attended the wine tastings and other intellectual gatherings, like Trivia!
If you know him, tell him we are all awaiting his return and anxious to hear about his cruising experience. We've been missing him and are happy that he'll be returning soon.

Thanks for the pictures of the ship. She was in port with us in Barbados in 2007 and then saw her again when we pulled back into Port Everglades. We were on another cruise line on a much larger ship.

It sounds as if it's been a good cruise, no real shaky weather or seas. I know your sailing days are getting too short for you cruisers, but welcome home when you hit Atlantic and Eastern Standard time!!

Also, thanks for the updates. I wish I had thought of checking in sooner.

Lynne

Grumpy and Slinky: We have dear friends on board with you! They are in a Deluxe Suite.
Let us know if you meet Dolores and Albiathar Ranck! Super folks -- well WE love them.
Thanks for sharing your great cruise!
LoyHAL

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]And Sis will be there to pick them up! Looks like I'll be able to travel on I-75 (Alligator Alley). A small brush fire in the Everglades started by a lightning strike on April 22 has now burned 23,000 acres on both sides of the highway. The road is closed at night due to smoke and fog. But they've been opening it in the daytime. Today it was 8 a.m., so hope it's the same tomorrow. Either alternate route adds many miles and a couple of hours to the trip. I wasn't looking forward to that.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Lynn[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lynn, I had no idea about Alligator Alley!!! That is so awful. We're in big trouble down here with this dryness. I so hope it starts raining soon.

A big warm [B]Welcome Home[/B] to Grumpy and Slinkie. Florida just isn't the same without you. I just had a note from Slinkie that they were packing up and will probably have to pay at Customs. I wrote her back I hope she left something on the shelves for future cruisers!!! LOL!:D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Surprise![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We actually had a sprinkle in Naples tonight! And yes, Grumpy & Slinkie are now home again. The fire covered aout 10 miles (mile markers 75 to 85). The smell was very prominent as we drove across. And there were a few "hot spots" where we saw plumes of smoke. Route 29 is still closed north of I-75 to Oil Well Road. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hope our paths cross again![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Lynn[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard from either Slinkie or Grumpy? It's not like them to have a drop-off during live reports (and the cruise has ended now more than a week!). I mainly just hope they are doing OK, but would love to follow their journey post-trip. :)

Archived