Hair tips for formal nights?

in my mirror every morning, . plugs are the same..so take what ever appliances u use at home. lots of girls take some "add-on" hair for night wear..you might access Paula Young catalogue on line for some ideas. The shops on board take a bite out f your vacation $$$..A little "final net" is a great holder-in-plac-er for me..dosent get icky.Over shampooing can wash the life outta yo hair....lucky, an older hairdresser

I don't really do anything different except maybe try to make it a bit fuller. I don't want to look like something else in my pics (if any are taken).

I wash and blow dry my hair every day and have wished for years that I could get away with every other day :o My hair is about chin length and about the only thing I could possibly do different is put it behind my ears....maybe I'll try that sometime.

I blow dry & straighten as I would on any given night. I have a travel-size bottle of BioSilk that helps smooth out any frizzies & adds a tiny bit of shinw to my hair. The challenge for me on vacation is fighting the humidity that makes my hair curl.

Humidity makes my hair frizz too! Thanks for posting that because there's still tons of snow here and it was -25 last week, I barely remember what humidity is hehe. I will try to find a travel size of de-frizz stuff.

If I were to forget something (knock on wood that I won't) like hairspray, mousse or toothpaste, are those things available to buy easily either on the boat or at some ports ?

If I were to forget something (knock on wood that I won't) like hairspray, mousse or toothpaste, are those things available to buy easily either on the boat or at some ports ?

I've never been on Ruby Princess, but I imagine it has shops where you can buy these items - they'll just be a bit more expensive than at your local stores, probably.

I have fairly long hair with a lot of natural curl. When I dress up, I usually take the time to let it dry naturally (with leave-in conditioner and mousse or curl cream in it), then curl some pieces around my face with a curling iron.

I don't know what kind of hair you have, but I'm with whoever said to put a flower in it. I have some really pretty fake flowers on an elastic or a hairpin, and when I wear one with a dress or top that matches, I get a lot of compliments. You can put your hair in a simple updo and work a flower into it, or you can do half-up / half down and put a flower behind your ear. Maybe even use a real one you get in port!

I wouldn't bother trying to straighten your hair or do a perfect up-do. You want to look natural and pretty and not too "done." Plus, as soon as you go outside, it won't look perfect anymore. If you work with your natural texture, you'll be happier.

Archived