* TEXAS Cruisers *

fun and breezes 2

Has anyone here rented Scooters to explore the island? Did you feel safe doing so? Was it fun?

I can't say for sure, because i haven't tried it, but I have seen good reviews on scooters under the section on the ports. It sounds like it depends on the port. Which one were you thinking of. Several of the ports I've read about in the Caribbean and Mexico have some element of warning due to crime and gangs. One that surprised me was Antigua. I wouldn't try it there, but it depends on your level of risk tolerance too.

Karen

Good morning Texas Cruisers!! I have been reading the thread and there is so much cruising knowledge and experience here....Yea! Seems like I have hit the jack pot for info and ideas! I hope y'all will share....:D

My name is Becca, and I am a cruise-aholic. DH and I live in San Antonio. I have been on 4 cruises and DH 2. We plan to go on many, MANY more.

Good morning Texas Cruisers!! I have been reading the thread and there is so much cruising knowledge and experience here....Yea! Seems like I have hit the jack pot for info and ideas! I hope y'all will share....:D

My name is Becca, and I am a cruise-aholic. DH and I live in San Antonio. I have been on 4 cruises and DH 2. We plan to go on many, MANY more.

Welcome Becca, glad you joined us. I am a cruise-aholic too! Where do you like to cruise and what lines have you tried?

Karen

Hi Becca,

My husband and I are going on our second cruise in a little over a week and I think we might be cruise-addicts already. We started talking about where we wanted to go on our second cruise the first day of our first cruise!

I'm glad to see another San Antonio couple on here. I love the weather here but I can't wait to get out of town and get down to the caribbean. No HEB or Bill Millers for miles!!

Hi Becca,

My husband and I are going on our second cruise in a little over a week and I think we might be cruise-addicts already. We started talking about where we wanted to go on our second cruise the first day of our first cruise!

I'm glad to see another San Antonio couple on here. I love the weather here but I can't wait to get out of town and get down to the caribbean. No HEB or Bill Millers for miles!!

Ahhhh...Bill Millers. I still have my Texas Tea Bucket from when we use to live there. I miss it and I also miss Chesters Hamburgers and EZs.

Well I am Spiritually ready...Physically NO!!!. I have all day tomorrow and Sunday to finish up. It the old Hubby's birthday tomorrow so I Will be busy with that most of the day. Then a taxi service for a while then to finish the clothes and packing. Husband hasn't even started yet.

He just finished our taxes today. Got them faxed over to the accountant. I hate taxes. It should be enough with what they take out of our checks without going thru all this stuff.

Got some lose ends to finish then off to the SEA!!!! Hopefully I"ll Try to get online on the boat and update you all.

Thanks for the warm welcome.....I have been only on CCL out of Galveston, for obvious reasons. I would like to try RCCL when VoS is in Galveston, but my schedule has not permitted it during the time of year she is here. When I finally graduate, I'll have more time to sail out of other ports and try the different cruise lines....for right now we stick close to home.

Question of the day: What are the different ways you organize and gather to get ready for a cruise? Research, packing, etc..... What is the ONE thing you must have with you on a cruise?

Well I am Spiritually ready...Physically NO!!!. I have all day tomorrow and Sunday to finish up. It the old Hubby's birthday tomorrow so I Will be busy with that most of the day. Then a taxi service for a while then to finish the clothes and packing. Husband hasn't even started yet.

He just finished our taxes today. Got them faxed over to the accountant. I hate taxes. It should be enough with what they take out of our checks without going thru all this stuff.

Got some lose ends to finish then off to the SEA!!!! Hopefully I"ll Try to get online on the boat and update you all.

WhooHoo!!! 2 more days!!:D:D:D

When you get back, don't forget to tell us know all about it!!!

Jimi;

Don't you know <G>, we guys can pack in under an hour for just about any kind of trip. :D

Cruisin Baby Girl...

I start way early as far as research to find places that we might be interested in and then look at the pros and cons of each. For me that is just part of the fun, then find places like this with people who have been there and done that and can tell you the good the bad and the ugly.

As far as packing, try to pack items of clothing that can do multiple things so that you can mix and match and use it more than once. Don't skimp on under garments as those are what get in need of changing, but also don't be worried about washing them out while on the cruise for multiple uses.

Always bring a camera, lots of batteries if you don't have a rechargeable set, and if you are digital, multiple storage media for a LOT of pictures. Bring reading material for those times when you are waiting in lines for something to happen. Packaged snacks are good for those times out on tours to fight off hunger and get you back to the ship for the REAL food <G>. Normally a hat is a very good thing to bring no matter where you go, keep the sun off the head is just plain good health wise. Comfy shoes as well as one pair of dress shoes. Depending on where you are going and the time of year, a sweater might be well advised, even a jacket if you are going into the northern climates. A swim suit or two depending on how many times you plan on using it.

Have fun and enjoy... It's nice to a see a few Texans here...

I start way early as far as research to find places that we might be interested in and then look at the pros and cons of each. For me that is just part of the fun, then find places like this with people who have been there and done that and can tell you the good the bad and the ugly.

As far as packing, try to pack items of clothing that can do multiple things so that you can mix and match and use it more than once. Don't skimp on under garments as those are what get in need of changing, but also don't be worried about washing them out while on the cruise for multiple uses.

Always bring a camera, lots of batteries if you don't have a rechargeable set, and if you are digital, multiple storage media for a LOT of pictures. Bring reading material for those times when you are waiting in lines for something to happen. Packaged snacks are good for those times out on tours to fight off hunger and get you back to the ship for the REAL food <G>. Normally a hat is a very good thing to bring no matter where you go, keep the sun off the head is just plain good health wise. Comfy shoes as well as one pair of dress shoes. Depending on where you are going and the time of year, a sweater might be well advised, even a jacket if you are going into the northern climates. A swim suit or two depending on how many times you plan on using it.

Have fun and enjoy... It's nice to a see a few Texans here...

Scott you said it very well... I do exactly the same, thinking thru what you really need and cut back on clothes. Most people take way too much.

It may be an obvious thing, but I'm not recognizing them. What are the items in your avitar?

Karen

Well I can get everything in the suitcases in one hour. But the prep to get them ready for the case is what take the time. And the other stuff.

I need to have my passport and charge card. THat is all I need

:D:D:D:D:D

See ya in Two Whole Weeks. Husband had a wonderful birthday and thanks so much for wishing him one. Going to get those two great grandkids and they will have cake with Granddaddy.

Mkschles - 1 week and you'll be cruisin'!

Karen

My husband and I have been in different cities for the past month. He has been in DC and I just spent the weekend with him. He gets home late friday night and we fly to San Juan at the crack of dawn on Saturday. What a great reunion after a month. I'm so excited!!!!!!

My husband and I have been in different cities for the past month. He has been in DC and I just spent the weekend with him. He gets home late friday night and we fly to San Juan at the crack of dawn on Saturday. What a great reunion after a month. I'm so excited!!!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU - being apart has got to be tough.

IS ANYBODY ELSE FREEZIN' LIKE ME? WTH is up with this weather? Texas is supposed to be HOT! LOL! Chick.

Perfect time for a cruise! You will enjoy time together that much more! Are you packed yet?

GOOD FOR YOU - being apart has got to be tough.

IS ANYBODY ELSE FREEZIN' LIKE ME? WTH is up with this weather? Texas is supposed to be HOT! LOL! Chick.

I've been wearing my jacket the past few days....

No, I'm not packed but I have everything set out. We only own one big suitcase and he has it in DC. I'll swap it out Friday night. Crazy timing!!

I don't know about everyone else, but packing always seems to take more time than I expect it to. I'm impressed you can get your things in to only one bag! We don't take that many clothes, but we always seem to have 2 big bags of luggage plus a carry on or two, because of all the extras we take. Yes, some things could stay home, but we'd be thinking the whole time, I wish I had that....with me. And, the airlines are going to be charging for checked bags now too.

Karen

Archived