* TEXAS Cruisers *

fun and breezes 2

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Karen!

We are actually planning an Alaskan cruise with Carnival Sept 2010 for my husband's 30th birthday. We will be traveling in a group, so it guarantees to be a fun time!

When are you planning Alaska?

Are you going on the Spirit, or have they changed it now for which ship is cruises Alaska? We went on the Spirit and loved it. Do you have a balcony?

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all..............I've been absent for a while. I do not do much cruise criticing when there is no cruise on the horizon; but now it's getting closer to my NYE cruise this year and getting excited and thought I would lurk around a bit. Hope everyone is doing well. I am really excited about the Ecstasy and her upgrades/renovation. We have a Cat. 12 and I really am curious about how they have changed that cabin...................Bye for now.

Chick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi to all..............I've been absent for a while. I do not do much cruise criticing when there is no cruise on the horizon; but now it's getting closer to my NYE cruise this year and getting excited and thought I would lurk around a bit. Hope everyone is doing well. I am really excited about the Ecstasy and her upgrades/renovation. We have a Cat. 12 and I really am curious about how they have changed that cabin...................Bye for now.

Chick.

Same here......but we just booked for sept 2010. Yea!! :D Therefore, I'll find the time to lurk around....always looking for tips so post what you have!! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
From Northeast Texas, we are taking our whole family (10 in all) on Ecstasy in Dec between Christmas and New Years. Everyone is excited about going. Hope to see other Texans on this really great cruise to Coz and Progresso. Bon Voyage!

I'm jealous! I can't get anyone in either my family or my husband's family to consider cruising. That would be such a great way to spend time together without driving each other crazy. I think that is a great way to spend a family holiday. Have fun!

I'm jealous! I can't get anyone in either my family or my husband's family to consider cruising. That would be such a great way to spend time together without driving each other crazy. I think that is a great way to spend a family holiday. Have fun!

It is indeed. In our family, it seems we can't all get together even for occasions at home. Everyone is too busy doing their own thing--and, of course, no one can seem to eat at the same time as anyone else. On the ship they can still do their own thing but everyone makes it to the dinner table each evening--and dressed too!--and they are all on vacation at the same time. What a way to go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am back in San Antonio after a glorious week in the Western Caribbean aboard the beautiful Crown Princess. Princess was a nice line but in all I think I would still prefer Celebrity. The food was only average and the passenger roster was much older and almost completely American. Some of that might have been the time of year. The ship was really nice and it was a treat to have more choices for entertainment and dining options. I'm not sure how I feel about the anytime dining. I enjoyed the flexability but missed the feeling of having dinner with the same new friends every night.

Grand Cayman Island was great. They have the highest standard of living of any island in the caribbean and it shows. They had their own Caribbean version of Costco! We went snorkeling and swam with the stingrays. Scary but worth it. They are like golden retrievers swarming the swimmers looking for treats.

I would go on Princess again (it was a great trip) but if given an equal choice would choose Celebrity every time.

Anyone else have thoughts on the two?

• 1 month later...
I am back in San Antonio after a glorious week in the Western Caribbean aboard the beautiful Crown Princess. Princess was a nice line but in all I think I would still prefer Celebrity. The food was only average and the passenger roster was much older and almost completely American. Some of that might have been the time of year. The ship was really nice and it was a treat to have more choices for entertainment and dining options. I'm not sure how I feel about the anytime dining. I enjoyed the flexability but missed the feeling of having dinner with the same new friends every night.

Grand Cayman Island was great. They have the highest standard of living of any island in the caribbean and it shows. They had their own Caribbean version of Costco! We went snorkeling and swam with the stingrays. Scary but worth it. They are like golden retrievers swarming the swimmers looking for treats.

I would go on Princess again (it was a great trip) but if given an equal choice would choose Celebrity every time.

Anyone else have thoughts on the two?

Just got back from the Eastern Caribbean on the Celebrity Solstice, what a GREAT ship. Loved every minute of it and would have been happy to just be on the ship as a destination.

regards

Scott

Where are the reviews?? I need to read some reviews! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! My DH and I are cruising along with 48 other Shriners out of Tyler, TX in August on our way to Alaska! We're sailing on the Sapphire Princess and we're looking forward to every minute.:D

Hello fellow Texan's. DH & I love to cruise, try to do it as often as we can.

Going on Carnival Splendor in April 2010 for the Mexican Riveria. First time on that side for us. Mostly do the carribean as we just love love it!

We mostly cruised RCL and avoided Carnival as we heard they were the party or young generation ship. But we did Carnival back in 2007 out of San Juan and just had the best time. So decided to try them again.

We used to live in Pearland 30 min. from Galveston, but a year ago we moved to Keller. We also found that we could do a cruise with airfare cheaper or equal to going out of Galveston. And until they offer something other than the Western Car. route (which I have done so many times) we will not be going out of there. One time Princess offered the 11 day Panama cruise out of Galveston and we jumped on it and it was awesome. But they have not offered it again as far as I can tell.

Look forward to chatting with you all

• 2 weeks later...

The Familia and I are jsut bout' ready to sail!!! So ready for the 1st family cruise next month (1st-timers mostly). I will most likely make the drive sout from DFW, but I am not, without a doubt, driving back from Galveston.

We leave on the Ecstasy March 25th. Our first cruise! We are so excited. I'm here on the boards every day. I've learned a lot.

Is anyone else from Texas going with us on the 25th?

The roll call is weak! No CC members I guess. All non-CC memebers and spring breakers.

I'll go and represent for CC!

I'm decorationg our door... lol I'm sure we will be the only ones since it seems to be a CC thing.

Archived