Holiday Inn Express - Plantation

geoherb

We have enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Plantation. It is a bit farther out than I anticipated--at least in terms of cab fare (almost $40). The front desk is arranging transportation for us to the port in the morning and that's going to be $35.

Our room is nice and comfortable. We enjoyed using the swimming pool this afternoon. Jacaranda Square is just about three blocks up University and across Sunrise. There's a Publix grocery store there where we bought some Diet Pepsi and a couple of bottles of wine. They have some box wines--but nothing I would want to drink.

There is a bagel restaurant in the same shopping center. Lunch there was very good. It's more than just bagels--more like a deli, with all sorts of different sandwiches. They also have breakfast specials, but we're getting free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express.

For dinner, we walked to the Japan Inn. It was delicious. It's closer than the Publix, in the shopping center that's on the same side of Sunrise as the hotel. I had a combo plate that included five different kinds of sushi, dumplings, and curry chicken. There were a lot of different choices. The restaurant also has the Japanese cooking tables where the cooks perform as they cook. There's a mix of Japanese (including the Sushi) and Thai dishes if you don't want to have dinner with a show.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Geoherb for the review. I've been researching hotels for next Spring and this hotel looks like it would be away from the "Spring Break" crowds and yet close to restaurants and things to do. Plus the price is almost "unheard of" compared to other FLL hotels.

I was glad to hear you enjoyed the pool as it didn't look like much in the picture.

I did call the hotel and got great service on the phone informing me of restaurants closeby, shuttles, etc.

I do think we'll rent a car, though.

Archived