Live from the Regal

DcnLee

We have had great weather and are now in the middle of the Caribbean Sea on our way to Aruba. There were no major changes in the ship during the drydock--lots of carpet replacement and furniture reupholstering in the public areas, and probably some mechanical stuff. This is a great ship and the cruise is wonderful--as are all!

We met several of the other CCers after muster the first evening but haven't seen them since.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your report. We will be on the Regal beginning Dec. 24.

Who is the Capt. and the CD now??? Also what are the shows now being presented? We have seen most of the shows several times and are hoping there might be some new ones.

Have a Great Time!!!!!

Thanks for the update about drydock. Just saw on the Regal webcam you are docked at Aruba - hope you're having a fantastic time. Like K8sMom, we'll be on her over the holidays and would appreciate any info you have about her. Is the Regal decorated for the holidays? Hope you have a wonderful time.

See the working of the canal has been a marvelous experience. It is hot today and very muggy (as expected) with a quick rain shower.

Yes, there is still a pizzaria, although I've not been there---yet. It's in Bravo's. The only change I've found so far is the Card Room has moved to the back of the Dome, and the Internet Cafe will be moving to the old Card Room space, but it is not yet open--it's still by the Purser's Desk.

The Captain is -?- Kent from England, the CD is Sammi--she is excellent, lots of excitement and personality. We've had the Regal dancers and singers and a comedian--Michael Manners, and a juggler-- something Kalvin. Sorry for the vagueness, I just enjoy the shows without remembering the names.

The Regal is decorated with Christmas trees, and little decorative sprays at each cabin mailbox. I see tables out with electric menoras but they are not yet lit for Hannaka (sp?).

Enjoy.

Hmmm – interesting that the promised changes didn’t happen. Regal Princess was originally going to dry dock in the Bahamas, but ended up in Norfolk…I wonder if that had something to do with the changes not occurring…?

The only change I've found so far is the Card Room has moved to the back of the Dome, and the Internet Cafe will be moving to the old Card Room space, but it is not yet open--it's still by the Purser's Desk.

They card room was already moved to the back of the Dome when I was last on the Regal in November/December 2003. The Scholarship at Sea computer classroom was put in it's place. I wonder if this is going to be shared space with the internet cafe or moved elsewhere (or done away with?)

Scholarship @ Sea Computer Room

Thanks for the update. I'm enjoying watching the live cam as you go through the Miraflores locks right now. I'm sure it's not nearly as exciting as being there, of course! Have fun and I hope you get a chance to check out the pizza.

• 2 weeks later...
So is the steakhouse where the pizzeria use to be??
Good question…sounds like the touted modifications to Regal Princess were not completed – perhaps because the dry dock was changed from the Bahamas to Norfolk?

Want to thank you for the report and information on the Regal. We will be on the Regal in March. Last Princess ship we were on was the Sapphire, I know it is an entirely different ship size so there will be marked differences. But we are looking forward to our time on Regal. Any other information or tips would be appreciated. Thank You

Cori

Hi Virginia, we will be on the March 9 LA to Ft Lauderdale. I wish we were on your sailing , I have posted to the Roll Call board three times and no one has answered , so I think we are alone :( no other CC on board. It is always nice to look forward to meeting other CC on board. I wish you a wonderful cruise. Have you been thru the Canal before ? We have two years ago (on another cruise line I won't mention ) and just loved it, you will really have a great time. Happy Cruising

Cori

my friends are presently on the Regal and enjoyed the Canal and now are in Aruba where her hubby is busy shopping!!! it sounds like the Regal is just wonderful and they have cruised a few times before on different ships and lines. Enjoy your cruise! ;)

Archived