Stateroom sizes and categories?

demo

Hello,

we have one question about the categories and stateroom sizes on O-ships.

Are the cabins 7000, 7001, 7116, 7121 (all A2) bigger in the size as the others in category A2? And also bigger than the other A-categories which are not located in the front or the aft?

Thank you for your information!

Dennis

All of the A and B veranda cabins are the same interior size and layout. The cabins you mentioned are at the bow or stern, which is slanted. The verandas on the lowest deck with such cabins, deck 6, have the longest verandas; those on deck 7 are a little shorter and those on deck 8 (aft only) are a little shorter yet, but still longer than the side cabins.

In the aft cabins, deck 7 seems to be the most desirable -- there is a compromise in the length of the veranda. They are one deck higer than deck 6, which offers a slight additional buffer from vibration. They are one deck lower than deck 8 which provides a buffer from any noise that might come from the Terrace dining area on deck 9. However, the deck 6 cabins are a little less expensive. They are category B, while the others are category A.

The A category is concierge. Is it worth it?

Not in my opinion, but I don't require lots of attention either.

There is actually no "extra attention" in a concierge cabin; the term is misleading. There is no butler until going up to the penthouse category, and there is no special concierge or other special person for the category A cabins. There are a few extra amenities, a list is offered on the Oceania web site. Is it worth it? It depends on the person. One of the amenities is a fridge; they are not offered in categories below A. For me, the fridge is worth whatever I have to pay for it. The other amenities are nice, but the precise value probably does not equate the extra cost. Each person has to evaluate the difference for themselves.

It appears that enough people think it is worth it; there are around 106 cat A verandas and around 66 in cat B.

Hello to all,

thank you for your explanations! So we also thought that the cabins are not bigger.

@swinson

Because the concierge category, there is a special responsible person (the concierge) you may contact if you ahve some special needs or demands.

We got a invitation for supper with him and an other coupel. Besides you will have the fridge and 2 (instead of 1) reservation for each special restaurant. Also you may board at 11 am instead of 3 pm (I think).

Some other things are also includet but not worth to mention.

We booked for our next cruise concierge level again.

Cheers

Dennis

Because the concierge category, there is a special responsible person (the concierge) you may contact if you ahve some special needs or demands.

Dennis

Anyone can use the Concierge & his services (his desk is on deck 4);)

The Concierge on Oceania is like the Concierge in a hotel. His/her services are available to anyone on board.

The naming of Deck 7 as Concierge Level by Oceania is misleading. They should call it "Refrigerator Level" since that's the biggest difference.

The Concierge on Oceania is like the Concierge in a hotel. His/her services are available to anyone on board.

The naming of Deck 7 as Concierge Level by Oceania is misleading. They should call it "Refrigerator Level" since that's the biggest difference.

Thank you for the info re: the fridge. We would actually put one to use since we've got insulin that should be kept cold. You seem to be in the "know" re: the cat. A and B rooms. We've been on Oceania once before, in a PH1 room. While nice, we found we didn't want someone else unpacking our clothes etc; so we only used the butler to have ice delivered, as there was no fridge in the Penthouse suites. (Maybe that's changed since we sailed on Regatta in 2004).

We are seriously considering a May 31st cruise from Rome to Istanbul. We have room 7020 reserved at this moment--the last one available on this deck per the reservationist. It's a little too far forward for my hubby's taste. Also, we're told the laundry room is on deck 7, but we can't see where it is on the deck plan. Can you, or anyone else reading this, shed some light on the advantages/disadvantages to room 7020???

Thanks-Debra

Thank you for the info re: the fridge. We would actually put one to use since we've got insulin that should be kept cold.

Thanks-Debra

I think you can request a fridge in any category for medical reasons though it does take up space (as others have reported) under the desk.

The laundry room is across from 7076/7078 it is not marked as such just a blank space

Lyn

so we only used the butler to have ice delivered, as there was no fridge in the Penthouse suites. (Maybe that's changed since we sailed on Regatta in 2004).

Just a quick correction here, in case anybody else is interested in a Penthouse:

There have been fridges in the Penthouses on the Regatta since the Renaissance days. It's the mini-bar.

Also, at 260 square feet, the Penthouses "feel" twice as large at the 173 Square foot A's & B's.

My comments about the refrigerator and concierge were meant to address the "is it worth it" question dealing with the extra money for the Concierge Deck. (PH's and Suites have perks that aren't available to those staying in a regular cabin. They are also much bigger.)

A poster on another thread somewhere reported that they had a refrigerator delivered to their cabin on Deck 4. It was required for medical reasons and they ordered it when they booked their cabin. The drawers below the desk closest to the window are removed and the refrigerator goes in that space. If I remember correctly, they reported that there are very few extra refrigerators so it must be pre-ordered.

To make sufficient space for your insulin, ask your steward to clear the refrigerator on your first day. That way you will have all the space you need.

Sorry, forgot to address your question about 7020.

We did not stay in that cabin, but I spoke to a couple who stayed there on our last cruise. Their Mother/Mother-in-Law stayed in 7018. They both liked their cabins. The Mother/Mother-in-Law had a bit of difficulty walking the halls when the seas were rough, but she enjoyed "acting drunk before she had anything to drink". Did I mention she was a delightful 85 year old?

Archived