Selecting a Room on Eclipse

Huddler

I am looking at taking my wife on cruise of the Baltic in June 2010. We need a Veranda. There are numerous categories which arent that much different price. AQ on Penthouse Deck, C1 on Panoramick and sky deck, C2 on Resort Deck, C3 on Sky Deck, SV on Sunrise or Vista Deck, etc. Is there really that big a difference between all these categories? Which would you select and why? Their are 3 SV rooms that face out behind the ship(8340, 8344, 8437). Should I grab one of those as although Ive never had a rear facing room, Ive read where people really want those. If I put a deposit down, can I get it back? Is airfare generally better through Celebrity or should I arrange my own? Thanks for your input. I really LOVE this itinerary and the ship will only be a couple months old at the time of our cruise. How will Celebrity compare to Oceania?

Location and amenities are the big difference in categories. You can readily get information on Celebrity's website, regarding Concierge Class (CC cabins).

What we usually do is initially book airfare with Celebrity. That will lock-in an airfare rate. And then search for a better (which is usually the case) airfare rate on our own. I then cancel the airfare part of the booking. This can be done right up until final payment is due.

We have never cruised with Oceania, so I can't give a comparison on the two lines.

I got a 48 hour hold reservation a room on a 14 night Baltic Cruise for next summer. It was facing toward the rear and Ive heard those rooms are the best. I need to pay a deposit today but had some quesitons, so I called Celebrity to see if someone could explain the differences in the numerous categories of veranda suites. I told the first guy that I hadnt paid money but got a complimentary hold on a room via the website and just had a few questions. He quickly transferred me to someone else and I told her the same story and she said the Eclipse wasnt sailing on the date I told her. I said well I am looking at this date on your website. She argued with me for a bit and then discovered that she was wrong. I asked her what was the difference in the veranda suites as the prices are very much alike. She quickly transferred me to someone else and I got cut off. I am not too impressed with their customer care department. They were both rushing to transfer me to someone else before I could even speak. It was just weird. I really like this itinerary and want to go on Celebrity but I hate poor customer care.

this is so odd. I have had very good luck on the phone with them I have sailed AQ and my cabin was forward as I did not want to be under the pool area. I personally do not like the aft cabins. I like portside. all the cabins are the same size. you get a better in cabin breakfast with CC and AQ and a different DR with AQ.

this is so odd. I have had very good luck on the phone with them I have sailed AQ and my cabin was forward as I did not want to be under the pool area. I personally do not like the aft cabins. I like portside. all the cabins are the same size. you get a better in cabin breakfast with CC and AQ and a different DR with AQ.

Ok! You have me thinking here, although we arent big 'spa people" so I dont think I would get an AQ. A CC veranda is definitely a consideration. Have these itineraries just been recently released? There seems to be plenty of room available. I am wanting to compare Oceania, Princess, RCCL, and Celebrity. But with this new ship and this itinerary, I am really leaning toward Celebrity right now.

Hi,

we booked the same itinerary for July 2010 last week when the cruises were released. There is a sticky at the top of the Celebrity board about the balcony cabins on Solstice class, I read all through it, it has great information on the cabin locations. I eventually decided on cabin 1243 which is one of the angled cabins in CC class. We normally prefer aft balconies but apparently on this ship they are no bigger than side balconies. We did CC class on Constellation and loved it so for us it was definitely worth paying the extra.

Hope this helps

Julie

The aft balcony's are not large like on Princess. the angled ones have a great view. I am a spa person and i enjoyed being forward-yet in general i tend to book mid ship. i did not want to be under the pool.

Archived