Dining on b2b

R&V

Have just recently booked a b2b with rcl. Wondering if we will automatically be assigned the same table and wait staff for both cruises? We have early dining reserved on both. I know on some lines the wait staff is rotated.

not necessarily, but if you like your table and waitstaff, let the maitre d know ASAP...s/he may be able to arragne the same table and staff for both legs...they did for us on Enchantment! it even involved rearranging the asst waiter's schedule! (he was supposed tobe in the WJ the following week)

Last year on the Nav we did 3 b2b's (4 day and two 5 days). Had the same table and staff on all three (though we didn't ask...just how it 'appeared' on our seapass card). Didn't bother us as we were next to the Captains table and our boys helped on there, so thought we probably had 2 of the best waiters on our table (and they were great). Just one note. We had a table for 10. On the first (4 day) cruise, the wife and I were the only ones who sat at our table! Really odd!!:D

Simon

Have just recently booked a b2b with rcl. Wondering if we will automatically be assigned the same table and wait staff for both cruises? We have early dining reserved on both. I know on some lines the wait staff is rotated.

we didn't. we asked and it wasn't possible due to a large wedding party in the area we were in.

We did a b2b (21 days) in jan and liked our waiter and asst waiter. We requested them for the second cruise and it was arranged. The ass't waiter was scheduled to go to windjammer where he wouldn't have gotten tips and he was very happy to serve us again.

Yesterday we got home from a b2b on the Indy. We requested our wait staff again. We had the same waiter but not the asst waiter. Just ask if you would like the same table & the same waiter.

You will not be assigned the same table unless you request to be. You will not have the same servers for both cruises. The waiters and assistant waiters are assigned different tables on every cruise. Also the waiters work with different assistants from cruise to cruise. Of course if you like your waiter on the first cruise you can request to be seated at a table he's working for the second cruise.

One of the new perks with B2Bs is that you should be asked to tell your head waiter at the end of the first week what your dining room preferences are for the second week. We were able to move to a table for two with the same wait staff as the first week who were both wonderful.

em

On one of our b2b cruises we asked to keep the same window table for the next leg. The head waiter said it was no problem.....until we arrived the next evening. An entire family was seated at that table and not very happy to see us. But the HW did find us another nice table. :)

Last year on the Nav we did 3 b2b's (4 day and two 5 days). Had the same table and staff on all three (though we didn't ask...just how it 'appeared' on our seapass card). Didn't bother us as we were next to the Captains table and our boys helped on there, so thought we probably had 2 of the best waiters on our table (and they were great). Just one note. We had a table for 10. On the first (4 day) cruise, the wife and I were the only ones who sat at our table! Really odd!!:D

Simon

Simon, your post was eerie!! We were on Nav in Jan doing 4 b2b. We were at a table next to the Capts. table (Table for 10) for all 4 legs. Our only request was for a large table. For the first 3 legs, it was us and one other couple (so much for the large table dinner conversation!)

We requested our first waiter for the final leg , and our Head Waiter made it happen. When we went to the table on night one of the final leg, the waiter name cards had our names as the Waiter and Asst. Waiter! I promptly grabbed a napkin, and draped it over my arm, and pulled out a chair to get my "waiter" to sit. Everyone had a big laugh...except the family of 8 that was seated at out table....they were clueless!!!!

Is there a stigma about sitting next to the Captains Table??????

Good memories.

Mike

Archived