Anyone else?

Dee777

Here I am, 4 days out from leaving home for our cruise, with a stupid old stomach virus! Yup... it hit me Sunday, thought I was over it yesterday morning, ate some soup for lunch and suffered the whole night long... Better now than say, on the flight to Los Angeles, eh? Whew, that would be something! Plane taking off, forbidden to leave your seat and whammo... you can not get to the bathroom! What the heck?

Anyhow, anyone else out there trying to get yourself healthy before you leave?

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day, I'm gonna have to skip the green beer today LOL

Dee :)

Sure hope you feel better fast! We leave home Saturday morning to sail out of Jacksonville. My husband has a bad cold and chest congestion. The doc prescribed some antibiotics to help him get over it faster. Sure hope it kicks in soon!

I stubbed my little toe on Saturday and have been hobbling around since. The only shoes I have been able to wear are my flip flops. We sail on Sunday so I'm hoping I'll feel better by then. If the toe is broken there is really nothing that can be done about it. So this is what's going on in my pre-cruise week. At least I'm getting my flip flops warmed up!!

Here I am, 4 days out from leaving home for our cruise, with a stupid old stomach virus! Yup... it hit me Sunday, thought I was over it yesterday morning, ate some soup for lunch and suffered the whole night long... Better now than say, on the flight to Los Angeles, eh? Whew, that would be something! Plane taking off, forbidden to leave your seat and whammo... you can not get to the bathroom! What the heck?

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day, I'm gonna have to skip the green beer today LOL

So sorry...hope you are better soon!!! Whenever we have a stomach upset we try to eat yogurt with live active cultures like Activa as soon as we can keep something down. Seems to really help get GI track back in shape pretty quickly. See what your Doc/Nurse says. Meanwhile... worring about thesame thing happening to the 9 of us before we sail out. Schools are full of it rght now. :( Safe/smooth sailing to you and yours!!

Ohhh Dee!!! I've been there done that.... All I would do is sleep, and ummm... well... 2 other things.... :o

DH made me try to at least drink Gatorade... I did... it keeps you hydrated... I was better on day 3... low on energy but all the other stuff was gone.... try saltines too maybe on day 3....

I lost 10lbs in 2 days!!!

So sorry you are sick! I'd say stick to the BRAT diet for a few days! (Banana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) And the yogurt is a good idea when you can handle it! Please rest as much as you can! Let it take its course!

Have a wonderful cruise! (and watch what you eat for the first day or two!)

I just had what you have, take it easy, don't do much, and rest. For me it lasted 4 days. Coinsedence, I think so. Good luck, and fake it getting on the ship if you still have it.

Are you suggesting that a pax with active stomach flu symptoms "fake" wellness and go aboard so the contagion can spread to others? I don't see a smile face after the third sentence you posted so I think you're for real. BAD IDEA! :mad:

IMO...You probably don't want to post you have a stomach bug this close to the cruise... One germ goes with you and you end up with a breakout of NORO. 10 day cruise... Don't want to get people nervous before they board...

I just had what you have, take it easy, don't do much, and rest. For me it lasted 4 days. Coinsedence, I think so. Good luck, and fake it getting on the ship if you still have it.

And people get upset when an outbreak of Noro happens...geez I cannot imagine why :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Up here in Canada the first thing that all doctors say is stay away from is milk or milk products when you have a stomach virus. When you have a stomach virus you have basically a souring and you add milk to that and it is game over. Like some suggest drink lots of ginger ale, apple juice, water - almost anything clear. Also stay away from bananas or anything with a lot of starch in it. Hope you feel better.

Are you suggesting that a pax with active stomach flu symptoms "fake" wellness and go aboard so the contagion can spread to others? I don't see a smile face after the third sentence you posted so I think you're for real. BAD IDEA! :mad:

Would you stay home after spending that kind of money and not get it back?

Thank you all for your helpful hints, suggestions and well wishes. Even the flaming was welcome, kept the chills at bay :p

I am happy to report I am 100% better, no need having to fake anything (or buy Depends).

Off to work now, two more days of THAT nonsense, then vacation time... all I have in my head right now is that song... "I don't wanna work, I want to bang on the drum all day!"

Stomach Virus!

AKA

Stomach "Flu"

AKA

NOROVIRUS.

You should NOT be allowed to board the ship.

Dee Dee Disease! :eek::D

Dan

Stomach Virus!

AKA

Stomach "Flu"

AKA

NOROVIRUS.

You should NOT be allowed to board the ship.

Dee Dee Disease! :eek::D

Dan

I agree once again......

one germ goes with you on something you touched and you got the whole ship sick. oooh and on a 10 day... not fun

again, if you are sick I would stay quiet... no need to post on the board, it gets us in an uproar

Thank you all for your helpful hints, suggestions and well wishes. Even the flaming was welcome, kept the chills at bay :p

I am happy to report I am 100% better, no need having to fake anything (or buy Depends).

Off to work now, two more days of THAT nonsense, then vacation time... all I have in my head right now is that song... "I don't wanna work, I want to bang on the drum all day!"

Dee glad you are feeling better. We miss you on the panama boards. Hope you have a safe and fast flight. Come chat on the boards let us know what day and time you get into LA.:)

Dee, so glad you are feeling better, wouldn't want you to miss our cruise. COme back to the roll call, we miss you!!

And, for faking it getting on a ship...let me tell you. Our last cruise they asked everyone that question while you were in line for the S&S cards. The woman asked the question and then quickly proceeded to add "now if you are don't tell me yes because I won't be able to let you board." She was, without saying it in so many words, telling us to lie if we were/had been recently sick. This was a cruiseline employee!

Archived