Will there be many kids on 19th April cruise?

earn

You are on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas...I assure you, your kids will not be alone. lol :D

We had 250 kids on Indy and it was the lowest number of kids they had seen in weeks. This was Feb 1. By the next week, there were close to 1,200 kids onboard. :eek:

So Springtime in California, you are looking at having lots of friends for your kids. ;)

I am hoping that my kids won't be too lonely in the kids club. Will most US school s be back by the 19th?

What ship are you on? I am on the Noordam April 19 10 day Roman Empire cruise with two of my kids (boy, 13 and girl, 11); I posted about it in the HAL Roll Call, wondering if anyone else with kids was going:)! So far no responses and I am beginning to think they might be the only kids on board!

Actually, most spring breaks in the US are from April 10 through the 19th. Easter Sunday is April 12 and unless schools had their spring break the week before Easter, most schools will be back in session on Monday April 20. While you'll still have kids on board, it will be less than if you cruised a week earlier, which is Easter break week.

WOW, when do your kids get out of school for summer? That's really late for spring break. I know when I was teaching, when Easter fell later in April, like it does this year, we had the week before Easter as spring break. But when Easter fell late in March or early April, it was always during the week of Easter. Having spring break starting April 20 is really late.

Massachusetts has a week off in February and a week off in April. The week in April always coincides with Patriots Day not Easter. Public schools typically get out around June 20th depending on snow days. The public schools in my town are getting out on June 25th this year but I think it is late because of snow days. My son goes to a private school that gets out June 11th. Seniors get out April 30th though with last day of exams on May 7th.

Massachusetts has a week off in February and a week off in April. The week in April always coincides with Patriots Day not Easter. Public schools typically get out around June 20th depending on snow days. The public schools in my town are getting out on June 25th this year but I think it is late because of snow days. My son goes to a private school that gets out June 11th. Seniors get out April 30th though with last day of exams on May 7th.

Boy, your kids get out really late in June. Most schools here are out by June 5. Of course, we've never gotten a week off in February. Is that something East Coast? I know in the Midwest, we don't have that, and we didn't have it in Arizona either.

Boy, your kids get out really late in June. Most schools here are out by June 5.

Where? I am trying to find people to go with us on June 8th but I keep getting the same "Kids are still in school excuse" :D

My kids get out June 5 and we live on the East Coast. We just can't find anyone to go with us. ;)

Thanks everyone. We are on Mariner from LA. looks like the holidays in the US are spread around quite well. We will be in Disney from 6th April to 11thApril and I am expecting that to be way too busy! Las vegas over Easter and back to Universal 16th and 17th, before boaring on the 19th. Probably will be busy all over.

Boy, your kids get out really late in June. Most schools here are out by June 5. Of course, we've never gotten a week off in February. Is that something East Coast? I know in the Midwest, we don't have that, and we didn't have it in Arizona either.

Might be a New England thing. Occasionally, we hear rumbling that they are going to one week off instead of the two but it has been that way since the olden days when I was in school.;)

Where? I am trying to find people to go with us on June 8th but I keep getting the same "Kids are still in school excuse" :D

My kids get out June 5 and we live on the East Coast. We just can't find anyone to go with us. ;)

Kids in Arizona schools are out in May. My cousins in Ohio are out in May---it's a farming area and they need the kids out early to help on the farms. In Wisconsin, we don't get nearly the days off that a lot of other states get. No break in October, no break in February, they had to choose either President's Day or MLK day---not both. But, the districts that get out that early also go back early. My cousins teach in Ohio and they're back around August 20-23. Same for Arizona schools.

Might be a New England thing. Occasionally, we hear rumbling that they are going to one week off instead of the two but it has been that way since the olden days when I was in school.;)

Yep, same thing here in Maine...we don't get out till June 20 or so...that is if we don't have any more snow days...yes it is possible!!! But here in Maine, our summer is pretty much July and August, our school doesn't go back until after Labor Day, just like when I was a kid :D

Archived