NEW Latitudes benefits 3 & 4 + Nights!

travel_lover

LOL Well are you Platinum? They still get free wine on embarktion in their stateroom.

Nope :(

I hate it when they take things away just as I get used to them. I'm still not happy they took away soda with dinner a few years back ;)

Things I never had are one thing, things they take away are another LOL

I order the anniversary package anyway so I always had two bottles at embarkation so one less doesn't make a difference....I think this is still in transition as they are saying VIP service as well...

We always saved it for dinner one night. 2 bottles means 2 dinners with wine included.

Oh snazzlefrazz!

It's true that you can grab the stuff at the buffet..but it's a nice touch. I was suprised they got rid of the cookies and etc....some of the stuff they took off for latitudes wasn't costing them much of anything....even the vip check-in is that really costing them extra?

The cookies were never part of Latitudes. They were a Freestyle 2.0 perk for balcony plus if I remember correctly. Should still be delivered one night.

This is new to me - I just recently started reading about it. Is it new that they have the fondue on the buffet at night? Or have I been sadly oblivious? This has my name written ALL over it - with a perfectly sanitized utensil, of course!

Yes it's true....every night in the buffet so far i've seen it on Dawn, Sky, Pearl, and Gem. On Dawn you can choose milk or dark...on Jewel they had milk (my fav anyway) it's so delicious...they have fruits out and breads...so good! On Dawn for chocolate buffet they even had marshmellows for dipping...oh my goodness!!:p

The cookies were never part of Latitudes. They were a Freestyle 2.0 perk for balcony plus if I remember correctly. Should still be delivered one night.

I was actually thinking about the cookies in the Latitudes lounge - we really took advantage of that on the Gem. We also enjoyed the little swan-shaped cream puffs we had delivered to our room. (The cold hors d'oeuvres not so much.) Alas, we will have to actually walk to the buffet. :)

you can get cookies delivered to your room any time you want. they are technically in the children's menu but they will deliver as many as you want upon request....Its my idea of high tea...ice tea and cookies at 4.

Nope :(

I hate it when they take things away just as I get used to them. I'm still not happy they took away soda with dinner a few years back ;)

Things I never had are one thing, things they take away are another LOL

lol very true...they changed the Gold benefits right when we turned Gold...so we never really had all the benefits before they changed gold!

I order the anniversary package anyway so I always had two bottles at embarkation so one less doesn't make a difference....I think this is still in transition as they are saying VIP service as well...

Since they did the changes we decided to get the anniversary package as well, seems like a really great deal.

It was for Latitudes...I think once you became Silver, you got cookies delivered once and chocolate covered strawberries....this was just taken off for latitudes though.

We didn't get any VIP check-in on Jewel we boarded with everyone else....everyone on our Jewel sailing who was Gold & Platinum had the same problem.

We didn't get any VIP check-in on the past 3 cruises we boarded with everyone else and we are platinum and this was since jan 2008 , only had lat. check in and sat with everyone else, was told only the suite had vip boarding

you can get cookies delivered to your room any time you want. they are technically in the children's menu but they will deliver as many as you want upon request....Its my idea of high tea...ice tea and cookies at 4.

cookies are 2.o bal. and above

Well, I've never ordered room service and I have never had a balcony. This year's cruise will be a first in many ways. Also my first bar set up. This year I turn the big 50 so I'm indulging!!! :)

What exactly is a bar setup???

You order bottled liquor for your cabin. I haven't done it yet but there is a lot of talk about it here on these boards. The bottles are expensive compared to at home, but compared to ordering individual mixed drinks, it saves a lot. You place the order by emailing the even coordinator on your ship who will supply a menu. Let me know if you want more info and I'll get it.

never ordered room service. boy are you deprived. My son loves room service...

Never wanted to spend that much time in the cabin. :rolleyes: I am assuming that will change with the Aft Balcony we have booked.

lol very true...they changed the Gold benefits right when we turned Gold...so we never really had all the benefits before they changed gold!

We were gold on one cruise & got everything. Next cruise--they somehow missed us. When it was pointed out they apologized and said we'd get a second bottle of wine thrown in our welcome package on the next cruise (coming up in Nov)...now it's gone & I'm sad ;) (not really-but it would've been nice, after all that is about $50 for even 2 bottles of the cheap stuff)

Same here, we just turned Gold and now we won't get all the bennies on our upcoming cruise. I miss Colin; this new NCL bean-counter CEO sucks. You'd think in a bad world economy they'd be smart enough to not get cheap on their loyal customers. :mad:

Well, it's funny that they call it a basket, but I'm fine with that. We can't eat it all in the cabin anyway. I'm just glad to see things seem to be improving from what we had thought. But sorry you had to experience for the transition - that is not fun!

According to what we heard the reason they removed alot of the other food perks is because people were not eating the items. And they thought it was a waste of food.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... cookies! THOSE we took advantage of! Any chance the fruit basket/plate has chocolate covered fruit?! :rolleyes:

No they removed the chocolate covered strawberries.

What were doing on our next sailing is purchasing the anniversary package so we get all the stuff we use to get as Gold members at a fee now. What can we do? No one is going to care anyway. NCL has made up its mind on what to cut to save money.

Like my daughter said before some of the stuff they took away doesnt cost anything so i found it silly. But im thankful they left some perks.

According to what we heard the reason they removed alot of the other food perks is because people were not eating the items. And they thought it was a waste of food.

I can see that. A small plate makes more sense. I won't miss the wine, but I know there are those who will.

This is new to me - I just recently started reading about it. Is it new that they have the fondue on the buffet at night? Or have I been sadly oblivious? This has my name written ALL over it - with a perfectly sanitized utensil, of course!

They have had it for a while now, the good thing is they have milk chocolate or dark, so you can choose etc.

Archived