If you've departed out of Miami ...

Yes you will have plenty of time. Just make sure to get off the ship early.

When they start giving info about departure day, then you decide what luggage tags you want, etc. If you want to take off your own luggage, then you can, or you can get one of the earliest luggage tags. We were on liberty in october and i think we got grey tags, I think, but we got off around 730ish or so and we were in our transportation van by 755 and we got to FLL by 820 with not a bit of traffic.

It was the fastest departure ever.

... perhaps you can let me know if a 12:15 flight home from Ft. Lauderdale has enough time built in. Our flights were just changed from a 2:30 departure and I'm wondering if I need to make more changes or if we'll make it in decent time.

Plenty of time. I've taken 10:00 Am flights from Miami.

How do you get an early departure from the ship?

Hi,

if you have a very early flight ( or some other reason) you may self disembark .... they do provide very early time frame for that purpose.

Also if you are a certain status of C&A you may disemabark very early,

Not all ports allow self disemabarkation.

Wes

We just got off LOS a couple of weeks ago. We got off early because we book an excursion. It was an efficient process getting off the ship. I think everyone is off by 10:00 AM anyways.

I don't know what it is with me and Florida disembarkations, but it took us forever to get off the Liberty last May.

You will probably be OK but it could be close. Don't forget that FLL can be a madhouse, especially if there are a lot of ships in both FLL and MIA. Don't be a slouch getting off the ship and figure on needing at least an hour (and perhaps more) to check your bags and get through security.

Last November we were off the Freedom and at the Miami airport before 8 am. Our flight wasn't until 11:10 so we ended up sitting around waiting.

As others have said that is definitely do-able, just don't hang out on the ship too long in the morning. Better to wait at the airport than miss your flight.

The staff can change your tags if necessary to make sure you get an early color, or just do self disembark.

Archived