March 7-14 Sapphire cruise--wonderful

bjcanady

Best cruise all around that we have had for some time.......we eat all our meals in the buffett, food and service was wonderful.

All services on board were outstanding, pursers office, room steward, cruise staff, officers and crew, also fellow passengers were a great group of people, met old and new friends.

We cruise to dance and were extremely happy in that area, sadly the groups that were on at that time leave tomorrow and are being replaced by ones that are not of the same quality.

Barbara and Kelvin

Best cruise all around that we have had for some time.......we eat all our meals in the buffett, food and service was wonderful.

All services on board were outstanding, pursers office, room steward, cruise staff, officers and crew, also fellow passengers were a great group of people, met old and new friends.

We cruise to dance and were extremely happy in that area, sadly the groups that were on at that time leave tomorrow and are being replaced by ones that are not of the same quality.

Barbara and Kelvin

Glad to hear that you had a fantastic cruise. We hope to cruise either on the Alaska cruise or the Western Caribbean in the fall with them.

Barbara and Kelvin

Hi, Barbara and Kelvin -

Yes, wasn't it GREAT?? It was fun to meet you guys and get to know you. Those great BANDS!! We loved Phoenix Rising - the Wheelhouse was too smoky for us, but we heard them for an hour at the champagne waterfall - just FABULOUS - and danced our socks off, as did you. Of course, our all-time favorite band, Odysea, just MADE the cruise for us. I am still singing all those old R&R songs. Our favorite day in port was Puerto Vallarta, the Las Caletas tour. Just wonderful. Hope to see you guys again soon. We are doing the TA on the Ruby 4/18 - any chance you are going?

Kisses,

Shirleen and Shahnom

Glad to hear you had a great time. I was on her for 31 days almost a year ago and will be boarding her in just over four weeks. :) I assume Josh is still the CD? Who is the Assistant CD?

Yes, Josh was CD, what a doll, have sailed with him before, asst. was Paul.,all the staff was great.

Hi, Barbara and Kelvin -

Yes, wasn't it GREAT?? It was fun to meet you guys and get to know you. Those great BANDS!! We loved Phoenix Rising - the Wheelhouse was too smoky for us, but we heard them for an hour at the champagne waterfall - just FABULOUS - and danced our socks off, as did you. Of course, our all-time favorite band, Odysea, just MADE the cruise for us. I am still singing all those old R&R songs. Our favorite day in port was Puerto Vallarta, the Las Caletas tour. Just wonderful. Hope to see you guys again soon. We are doing the TA on the Ruby 4/18 - any chance you are going?

Kisses,

Shirleen and Shahnom

Hi kids......no chance of our doing the TA, i am afraid i am having back surgery soon, so will be hanging up dancing shoes for awhile.........we also loved Odysea but only danced with them when Phoenix Rising wasn't playing.....it was all great............have a great crossing.

Hope to see u on future cruises.

Glad to hear that you had a fantastic cruise. We hope to cruise either on the Alaska cruise or the Western Caribbean in the fall with them.

We also plan to be with them when they join the Crown this fall......no better music around.

And Randy did do Wipeout the last nite.......for about 20 min.

Yes, Josh was CD, what a doll, have sailed with him before, asst. was Paul.,all the staff was great.
Oh, terrific. Paul was the ACD on our Sapphire cruise last year. They both shaved their heads while on our cruise (as a result of record donations to the Susan B. Komen Fund.)

Oh, terrific. Paul was the ACD on our Sapphire cruise last year. They both shaved their heads while on our cruise (as a result of record donations to the Susan B. Komen Fund.)

Cute........sorry i don't know how long they will be on.......didn't think to ask.

Hi kids......no chance of our doing the TA, i am afraid i am having back surgery soon, so will be hanging up dancing shoes for awhile.........we also loved Odysea but only danced with them when Phoenix Rising wasn't playing.....it was all great............have a great crossing.

Hope to see u on future cruises.

Ditto - I'll keep an eye out on cruise critic for you................

Sorry to hear about your back surgery. Hope all goes well and that you're dancing again in NO time!!

Thanks for the review...

I'll be back on the Sapphire in 5 weeks.

Does anyone know how much hotter it will be?

I've been to Mexico in October, but not in April/May.

Was pretty chilly first day out and last day out was even cooler altho sunny, the rest was wonderful, should be quite a bit warmer in 5 weeks.........no complaints here....altho we do like HOT

Was on the Sapphire in December. Loved Odysea as well. I believe that was their name. Explorer lounge - right? blond lead singer, Steve one of the other singers is the singer with more of the bluesy voice - right? We spent more time than usual in the Explorer's lounge because we liked them so much So, they are going to be on the Crown in the fall. We are going to be on the Emerald - too bad for us!

Was on the Sapphire in December. Loved Odysea as well. I believe that was their name. Explorer lounge - right? blond lead singer, Steve one of the other singers is the singer with more of the bluesy voice - right? We spent more time than usual in the Explorer's lounge because we liked them so much So, they are going to be on the Crown in the fall. We are going to be on the Emerald - too bad for us!

Yes that is Odysea.....great group......but the group that is going on the Crown in the fall is the group that was in Wheelhouse, one of our favorites, Phoenix Rising . I know Odysea was going off also but don't know where they are going.........

We also plan to be with them when they join the Crown this fall......no better music around.

And Randy did do Wipeout the last nite.......for about 20 min.

My husband was so dissapointed that we didn't video him playing 'Wipeout" on the drums. Did you dance the whole 20 min.? We weren't able to do much dancing... I had a stress fracture in my foot and was in a walking cast.... but then again my husband isn't much of a dancer, we just enjoyed listening to "Phoenix Rising" and watching everyone else dance.

It is a shame that the Wheelhouse is usually too smoky for people to enjoy the the music of the bands that play there. I often wonder how they can sing so well with all the smoke that they are around every night.

Good luck with you back surgery, keep us posted on your progress. I havn't booked our cruise yet but maybe we will be on the same one.

Was pretty chilly first day out and last day out was even cooler altho sunny, the rest was wonderful, should be quite a bit warmer in 5 weeks.........no complaints here....altho we do like HOT

Yes, our all-time FAVORITE band. They were leaving the Sapphire this past weekend. They were planning to take off for two months. But I talked to the Princess Entertainment dept and he said he had offered them a short stand on the Diamond (filling in for another band - April 4 through June 20). They did not have a regular contract scheduled after that - were waiting for something to come along. UNFORTUNATELY we will be on the Ruby April 18 - May 4. Well, fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to look at it.;)

Yes, our all-time FAVORITE band. They were leaving the Sapphire this past weekend. They were planning to take off for two months. But I talked to the Princess Entertainment dept and he said he had offered them a short stand on the Diamond (filling in for another band - April 4 through June 20). They did not have a regular contract scheduled after that - were waiting for something to come along. UNFORTUNATELY we will be on the Ruby April 18 - May 4. Well, fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to look at it.;)

Sorry - I quoted the wrong person. I was talking about Odysea.

We are thinking about booking the Mexican Riviera next spring - how old is the Saphhire. I know there was somewhere here about the age of the ships but can't seem to find.

Thanks for your help....

Don't remember exact date but she is about 4 or 5 years old.......beautiful ship...

just looked , she was built in 2004.......

Archived