La Trattoria

AdoptAtty

Sorry, I meant the La Trattoria on NCL ships.

Only Spirit (as far as I know) has it. Other ships have different named Italian restaurants.

If you are on the Spirit heading to Bermuda, why don't you at least try the one on the island?

Only Spirit (as far as I know) has it. Other ships have different named Italian restaurants.If you are on the Spirit heading to Bermuda, why don't you at least try the one on the island?

Maybe one day.. but I'm heading out on the Star, which has La Trattoria, but I've not found much information on it.

Unfortunately, we didn't eat at La Trattoria when we were on Star last Thanksgiving but from what I recall the menu was very similar to Pappa's on Jade where we have eaten. You might want to try doing a search for it. Our thoughts after eating there is that it was fine, not stellar but fine. It's menu reminded us of an Olive Garden, perhaps a little more upscale. The only memorable item on the menu was a GREAT chocolate apricot torte. I went back and asked and they gave me a slice of it to go for my birthday several days later.

I think Bluesea is basically correct, most of the italian restaurants have the same menu EXCEPT for Il Adiago on Sun - its fine dining and provided one of the most memorable meals we ever had at sea. DDP and I are really looking forward to enjoying it again when we sail next year on Sun.

I think Bluesea is basically correct, most of the italian restaurants have the same menu EXCEPT for Il Adiago on Sun

Thank you! I did have dinner at Impressions on the Dawn. The dinner was kind of a mixed bag to me... some things were great and some were just so-so... but the PIZZA was really fantastic (not something I would expect myself to be raving about) and the Ricotta cheesecake... well, let's just say one night our Butler Ravi (love Ravi) brought me a pizza and cheese cake as part of our 5:30 evening snacks!

This is from my Dawn review:

We enjoyed an Italian dinner at Impressions this night. The Maitre d’hotel, Jenenia (I hope I got that correct), came over to our table and we enjoyed speaking with her. She really went the extra mile to ensure our service was excellent.

There were so many choices from the menu that looked appealing. I tried the antipasto cart, which of everything there was a bit disappointing, but maybe was very interesting for people who have never experienced true Italian antipasto. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad... just everything else was better. We had ordered two individual pizzas, the men had something with lots of meat and the ladies had Sierra Nevada... artichokes, black olives, arugula, mozzarella and Bresaola (air cured beef)... I can’t remember, maybe it also had some pesto. Anyway, our pizza was fabulous. I would pay the Impressions cover just to have the pizza! We also enjoyed two bottles of Tomassi Amarone wine we had brought on board with us for this dinner. I ordered a pasta course of Fettuccini Alfredo. I was surprised that the pasta itself was wonderful, but it seemed the dish had sat under a warming light with the sauce on it or something like that. It was just so-so. My entre was Veal Marsala, and I had substituted the polenta for the potatoes. It was more than I could eat and was tasty. For desert I made a great choice, the Ricotta Cheesecake!

Impressions of Italy - Deck 6, seats 198 persons, Italian, $10pp

I was surprised to find one of my favorites in this restaurants, the pizza. It was so good our butler brought one to us the following evening, along with my favorite desert from Impressions, the ricotta cheesecake. I particularly liked the Sierra Nevada pizza which had artichoke hearts, black olives, mozzarella, mushrooms, pesto, bresaola and arugula.

I had Fettuccine Alfredo for my pasta course. The pasta itself was excellent, but the sauce was a bit disappointing. It also seemed as if the pasta has sat with the sauce on it longer than it should have, and was not immediately served. My main course was Veal Marsala and I had the polenta substituted for the potatoes. The veal was very good as was the polenta. I tried the lobster ravioli someone else ordered and was disappointed in it. It certainly was not what I was expecting as one of their featured dishes.

Another of my ship board favorites was the Torta di Ricotta, a baked ricotta cheesecake with pine nut Florentine (much like pine nut brittle).

The maitre d’hotel, Jenenia, did an excellent job and was very personable.

Thank you! I did have dinner at Impressions on the Dawn. The dinner was kind of a mixed bag to me... some things were great and some were just so-so... but the PIZZA was really fantastic (not something I would expect myself to be raving about) and the Ricotta cheesecake... well, let's just say one night our Butler Ravi (love Ravi) brought me a pizza and cheese cake as part of our 5:30 evening snacks! ....

You may not find pizza on your Star menu. The menu photos provided by a previous poster seem to be from a cruise in May 2008. I was on the Spirit in October 2008 and pizza was missing from the menu. I looked for it because I enjoyed it on the Gem a year earlier. I did not ask the server about pizza - there was certainly no shortage of food available.

I do not know if this pizza-less menu was unique to the Spirit. So, if pizza is what you are most interested in, then scan the menu on board closely before you decide to eat there.

I'm sure once I get on board I can look at the La Trattoria menu and either it has the Sierra Nevada pizza or not... but I sure hope it does. I know it sounds crazy but I really, really want some more of this pizza... as well as... the ribs and hot and sour soup from Ginza (I assume they are as yummy as the ribs on Bamboo), the coffee kaluah creme brulee from Cagny's (which I assume is at all Cagny's fleet wide), and I'm sure the ship will jog my memory for a few more treats!

Archived