MSC OPERA - January 22, 2005

eroller

ThankYOU Ernie, I go as you suggested with the 011-874-335762710 or 20 and 11 or 21 if/when faxing..........If the 874 Area code doesn't do it they try again with 871.:cool:

I will presume that this will work the same way when calling from CANADA.:confused:

Just out of curiosity I wonder if YOU know what area code(s) 870 and 873 will get you, possibly NORTH and SOUTH ATLANTIC oceans???:D

Thanks Again, I'll look forward to see you on board and maybe even buy YOU a Canadian Beer ;)

WallywithaG

FYI, here are the ocean area codes:

East Atlantic: 871

West Atlantic: 874

Indian Ocean: 871

Pacific Ocean: 872

870 area code is for SNAC, which stands for "Standard Names and Codes". Don't ask me what you use it for! ;)

I think calling from Canada is the same as the US. Do you dial "011" prior to making an International call overseas? If so, then I think it's all the same.

I might just take you up on that beer!

See you onboard,

Ernie

Hi Ernie, thanks for the education on the Atlantic Area Codes.

Something else I've found out when asking Travel Clinics and my Doctor about immunization for MALARIA.

We've been advised the ports of call on our itineary are OKAY but were cautioned about BAY ISLANDS, Honduras c.a.

I've determined the Bay Islands 65 KM's off the Northern Coast of Honduras includes 3 main Islands (Roatan,Guanaja, and Litila), 3 smaller islands (Barbareta, Morat, and Helene) and 65 smaller cays. Between these islands and the mainland are the Cayos Cocinos (Hog Islands)

We were advised by our Travel Clinic that it should be OKAY if visiting for just a few hours BUT WOULD RECOMMEND the malaria immunization if staying OVERNIGHT.

I wonder Ernie, if YOU have any comment with regard to this revelation from the London Ontario Canada TRAVEL CLINIC:mad: :mad: :confused:

thks WallywithaG

ThankYOU Ernie, I go as you suggested with the 011-874-335762710 or 20 and 11 or 21 if/when faxing..........If the 874 Area code doesn't do it they try again with 871.cool.gif

I will presume that this will work the same way when calling from CANADA.confused.gif

Just out of curiosity I wonder if YOU know what area code(s) 870 and 873 will get you, possibly NORTH and SOUTH ATLANTIC oceans???biggrin.gif

Thanks Again, I'll look forward to see you on board and maybe even buy YOU a Canadian Beer wink.gif

WallywithaG

Ah a fellow Canadian who can appreciate a good cold Canadian Beer! I imagine you are escaping the cold weather to? Its minus 45 degrees celcius here with the wind chill factor included. To all you people in the sun, that translates to really cold! Looking foward to the sun! cool.gif

Archived