What time do you like to get to the port?

crusnbee

We are on the Glory on June 20. We typically like to be at the port very early, as the time seems to move much quicker when I am in the vicinity of any ship. Our travelling companions want to take the hotel shuttle at 11:30. I think that is WWWAAAAAYYYYYY to late.

What is the ideal time for you?

CJ

We are on the Glory on June 20. We typically like to be at the port very early, as the time seems to move much quicker when I am in the vicinity of any ship. Our travelling companions want to take the hotel shuttle at 11:30. I think that is WWWAAAAAYYYYYY to late.

CJ

We usually get on the first PC shuttle when we leave on the Glory. Last time, we left later (11:00 I think) and a suspicious 'package' shut the port down :eek: shuttles, buses, and vans were backed up like CRAZY, and it took us forever to board. I'd go earlier if I were you, just my thing though;)

I'm reading reviews about boarding at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale).....and it's a mixed bag of long wait vs. not-so-long. We did it once in 2005, and it was horrible and disorganized......in the baking sun, people were moving at snail pace on long long line....and it took about 2 hours to get onto the Legend. Never again

Reviews I've read about this port here seem to suggest that the LATER you arrive, how much faster boarding might be. I'm tempted, for our cruise next month.....to get there about 2:00 PM, instead of 11:00....let's face it, what's the rush anyway ? Cabin's not ready, Lido Buffet is packed, and departure isn't until 4:00 PM. Am almost convinced later means quicker in this matter.

Can eat lunch elsewhere.....will make up for that "lost" meal, trust me !

Anybody else showed up at Port Everglades (or any other port) later than normal, and boarded quickly as a result ?

to avoid long lines with Glory, we get to the port at about 1030. drop off luggage, park and are inside by 11 am. and usually on board by 1120. less than an hour if you have all your paperwork complete on line and have everything you need, PPTs, fun pass and credit card in hand when you get to the people to check in. last time it took us a whole 10 min to check in. Much better than when we first started cruiseing and it took us almost 2 hours to get checked in (prior to funpass being filled out on line) and long long lines. The new way of doing it cuts down the wait time in line

we drive over the morning of, leaving our house at 830, and we are on board eating by 1130.

CJ

The 11:30 hotel shuttle sounds like it will likely get you there before noon. As far as WAY TOO LATE, come on !

I guess pay a cab if you feel the need to be there earlier, but what is a half an hour, more or less ??

Why not sun up ? Then you can get a close place to stand by the front door until about 10:30 AM which is likely the earliest they will start processing people.

Obviously, your choice.

we ll usually arrive about 11am..if we see long line s i ll just wait and have

a cup java and a cig...just relax till the line go s down..

though if we ve sail d befor on the ship we ll wait..maybe take in

lunch befor boarding and avoid the lines..however, if it a first timer..

we ll get in as soon as possible and check out the ship..with a build up

appetite we ll head up to the buffet..

CJ

11am if just right to arrive at the port by 11:30 - 11:45am

Fred

Archived