I Know This A Dumb Question But Humor Me Please!!!!!

xyzjo

My husband and I are sailing this Saturday on the Splendour out of Tampa(our hometown) this is our 4th cruise. I hope you don't think this is a dumb question but what is an aft cabin that everyone talks about? Can someone clue me in on the different terms and what cabins are in the best area. Our cabin is a Category D1 7502 what is this considered? Is this the back of the ship or the front(I told you it was a dumb question) Please if you could reply it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Libby:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Aft mean the rear of the ship. Not a bad place to be in regards to disembarking the ship at the piers. Usually they disembark people in port at the Aft area of the ship on deck 1 or deck 2. You'll have a ball for sure. You won't spend much time in your room anyway.

Hi Libby, An aft cabin is in the very back of the ship (the aft). They usually have very large balconies. If you look on the RCL website you can find your cabin. copy this address into your browser and you can see where your room is. I checked it out and it is in the very front of the ship on the right side (starboard in ship lingo). It is a standard balcony room. Hope this helps.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000b0h_qXwEt2np3hw1nGd6Itz:v29bc4qk?shipCode=SP&deckCode=CM&shipProfile=1072&sailDate=1041204

Thanks so much for the info. Is my cabin not in a good location? I hope I didn't make a boo-boo this time. They only had a few cabins and they were pretty much in the same area. Well, its gonna be a blast wherever I am just as long as I am on the Splendour on Saturday sailing out of Tampa. Thanks again fellow cruisers, Libby:p ;) :rolleyes:

xyzjo...the big draw to an aft cabin is the larger balcony they usually have. The downside is that it's a pretty good hike from the closest elevator. There is nothing wrong with the location of your cabin. I've had cabins in the same position as your's as well as a couple aft cabins, and I've enjoyed them both.

The important thing is that you're going cruising and the cabin selection won't matter once you get on that ship. Have a great time!

7_6_4.gif

xyzjo...the big draw to an aft cabin is the larger balcony they usually have. The downside is that it's a pretty good hike from the closest elevator. There is nothing wrong with the location of your cabin. I've had cabins in the same position as your's as well as a couple aft cabins, and I've enjoyed them both.

The important thing is that you're going cruising and the cabin selection won't matter once you get on that ship. Have a great time!

7_6_4.gif

As usual, lots of wisdom posted here! There is a cult of aft cabin fanatics in this forum. I always find it humorous to watch them lusting after those "giant" balconies, when the ship has much larger balconies that us lowly inside people get for free. :D

jc

jc...I experienced the 'downside' to the aft cabins on our just finished Brilliance cruise, in aft cabin 1604. I tore a knee ligament two weeks before we left and it was difficult making that long trek a couple times a day. The upside is that with all that walking I managed to loose 3 pounds on the cruise. :D

Ron

I'm not sure why everyone keeps telling you your room is in the back because if you look at the layout of the decks on RCI's website it clearly shows you your room is in the FRONT of the ship as someone previously stated.

Anyway, I have sailed on the Splendour and it is a beautiful ship. You will have a great time no matter where your room is. It doesn't matter to me as long as I'm on a cruise ship (and not near the engine room)!

Archived